View
Fresh and un-dented:
IMAG0651_zpsub0y89qt.jpg

Add a bit of this:
IMAG0656_zpspcswz8t1.jpg

and a dash of this:
IMAG0654_zpssaoiapnz.jpg

All the best,

San Andreas and Hurrycat Vorace fork, and SPOX wheels? Good combo! (not light by any means but stylish) You going disc or V-brake route?

It'll probably be my newest (almost 'modern') ride, so I'm going for discs, probably Magura Marta SL (as I have some going spare).

Weight-wise, it's not going to be weightweenie territory, but I'm looking to use some decent lightish parts X9, Raceface, Ritchey WCS etc, so it should be solid, but not a tank.

Weights:
Frame incl headset: 3400g
Hurrycat forks: 2070g
Spox (bare): Front: 802g, Rear: 921g (1723/pr)
total so far: 7193g

Though compared to the possibilities with an Amp B4 or Extralite F2 Swinglink it's already 2380g/5.25Lbs behind :)...
Frame: 2140g
Forks: LOOK Fournales: 1230g
Wheels: American Classic 350: 1380/pr
total: 4750g

Quick dry run:

IMAG0664_zpsgkawtj2o.jpg

All the best,

Not every bike has to be a weight weenie build. Besides the San Anrdeas has a decent amount of rear travel, if you run the Vorace in the 100mm travel setup up front paired with discs you'll have a half decent "freeride" bike.

Re:

more info about the fork???

P8191129_zps949858ac.jpg

-A bit like the Fournales/LOOK tie up, the Hurrycat was supported and marketed by a bigger company, in this case Stronglight.
-Designed by Eric Barone in partnership with aerospace company SEB and Answer, it was a production version of the fork he used in his 163km/h speed descent attempt in 1998. Founded 2000, bust by 2004
-The linkages etc are cast magnesium.
-Mine's a Sport model with aluminium legs, bronze bushings in the pivots and with disc and v-brake fittings...there is a fabled carbon legged version, disc only, with needle bearings all round.
-Not that light at (allegedly) 1600g for the carbon one without a shock fitted, over 2Kg for the alu one with shock.
-Fitted as standard 165mm shock, supplied with a RockShox SID.
-They run a different geometry, supposedly anti-dive and anti-pedal bob. It's certainly better than Fournales. The legs swing up and back, rather than up and forward on the Fournales/Girvin/Quasar stuff.
-Can be adjusted between 80 and 100mm travel by flipping the small blue chip and fitting the shock in a different hole.
-There were plans for a longer travel downhill version in 2002, but never came to fruition. Maybe the cost bust the company?

-Company presentation here.
-Publicity video here on Vimeo.

All the best,

Re: Re:

danson67":28zmfnpy said:
more info about the fork???

P8191129_zps949858ac.jpg

-A bit like the Fournales/LOOK tie up, the Hurrycat was supported and marketed by Stronglight. Designed by Eric Barone in partnership with aerospace company SEB and Answer, it was a production version of the fork he used in his 163km/h speed descent attempt in 1998. Founded 2000, bust by 2004
-The linkages etc are cast magnesium. Mine's a Sport model with aluminium legs, bronze bushings in the pivots and with disc and v-brake fittings...there is a fabled carbon legged version, disc only, with needle bearings all round.
-Not that light at (allegedly) 1600g for the carbon one without a shock fitted, over 2Kg for the alu one with shock.
Fitted as standard 165mm shock, supplied with a RockShox SID.
-They run a different geometry, supposedly anti-dive and anti-pedal bob. It's certainly better than Fournales. The legs swing up and back, rather than up and forward on the Fournales/Girvin/Quasar stuff. Can be adjusted between 80 and 100mm travel by flipping the small blue chip and fitting the shock in a different hole.
-There were plans for a longer travel downhill version in 2002, but never came to fruition. Maybe the cost bust the company?

-Company presentation here.
-Publicity video here on Vimeo.

All the best,
amazing!
thank you very much!!!

Back