TI Inbred

end2end

Retro Newbie
Hi, first post here as I have just built up an On-One SS and wondering if anyone has any history on the Titanium On-One pre 456 model. Contacted Planet-X bikes and they had never heard of it but I have seen one or two on here so know they exist.

This particular frame was painted in the dull dark metal colour before I stripped it back and I think it could be Titanium as it has not rusted and a magnet will not stick to it. The ride is great even with the rigid carbon forks and I can go around Thetford Woods almost as quick as on my modern carbon full sus bike.

So is this classed as a retro bike pre or post 1998?
Original Bike

Single Speed conversion with rigid carbon forks.

Post 1998. I'm thinking 2003/4 (ish) but could be wrong.

I believe they were also known as Tinbreds. Well regarded from memory - but a few of the early ones had frame failures I think (and would later have a reinforcing strut on the rear disc brake side).

Re:

Cheers for the nice comments.

The chain tensioner is supposed to push down but I got a lot of chain skip on the rear sprocket so I altered it to tension upwards and the cable tie just stops it bouncing. No more chain skip but a bit of chain slap....

wow! the "inbred" is one of the most beautiful frame by on-one...
if it's the Ti model, it should be probably weld by Linskey (as for the 456 am model)...
in the earlier version, with all that spacer between headset and stem look so ugly... but with a more new-school set up (shorter stem and flat wide bar), 1x10 and a modern 120-140 mm trail fork should be a real good funny bike!!!
in this ss version look so good...
with a thomson seatpost and a thin race saddle probably will look more "race"..
weigth?

Back