my first 29: litespeed cohutta

danaroby00

Senior Retro Guru
lot of interest around these bikes and since selling a good part of my collection and found a good deal I didn't resist

frame and forks arrived and lot of parts on the way, still a big doubt around the right wheelset: xc or trail, custom or complete set from the main brand.....

Attachments

• P1150006.JPG
    P1150006.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 1,387
BobCatMax":gmva6ail said:
frame looks small? or is that just to make room for the big wheels :D
yes, size is small, for 1.7 tall biker usual to short 26" bikes
basically same dimensions of a 26" medium size (wheelbase and top tube lenght) , head angle around 69° with the 120mm forks

Re:

I've had a cohutta for 18 months and I think it's brilliant. I sold four bikes to buy this and don't regret it one bit.
I've gone for 120mm travel as well, but installed a Works angleset which slackens things by two degrees. Feels great and maintains the intended seat angle and BB height but with a more relaxed fork.
As to wheels I've got Easton Haven carbons. The bearing life isn't great but the feel of them is fantastic - light, quick and very very strong. You can pick the old model ones up for £800 new - not cheap but I reckon this frame deserves the best you can bolt to it.
A 150mm dropper post really helps on the steep stuff round here too.
Enjoy it.

Attachments

• P1030227.JPG
    P1030227.JPG
    211 KB · Views: 1,183
wowwww!!!!!!!!!!
basically same concept I have in mind
monoring 1x11speed, eccentric bb to lower the bottom bracket for better handling and relaxed head angle with a 120mm forks ( my frame is the small with geometry 1° more relaxed than the other size, with result of 69° with the 120mm reba I have installed)
still to decide about wheels, probably a trail model, not pure XC to be more safe
unfortunately the weight of the frame is quiet consistent and my budget bit limitated, so I think the final result will be around 10.5kg

Re: Re:

coomber":1nmouj51 said:
Nice looking that

Have they stopped their general cracking issues?
I really hope that :oops:
looking on the net before buying it it seems Lynskey it the top braking frame
the last litespeed seems stronger than in the past, and honestly 2kg frame should have sufficient material to avoid brakes

Back