1999 Raleigh RSP 250

LIFE BEHIND BARS

Dirt Disciple
Hi all, thought I'd share my current project.

I'm currently in the middle of restoring my 1999 Raleigh RSP 250.
I have owned the bike since 2001, I came across the bike when looking in my local bike shop, the shop was selling it for a customer. I didn't have any intention in buying a Raleigh but I was immediately taken back by the looks of this bike, the colour scheme was unlike any other bike I'd seen! Very bright! At £300 I thought it was a good buy and took a chance, I was more than happy with it, the bike rode so well.

It also had a Amp/Rockshox front disk brake with White industries front hub, the brake needs some attention but I'm hoping I can sort it.

I rode the bike for about three years before going down the full suspension route, my younger brother then used the Raleigh for a couple of years before it being placed in the corner of the shed to gather dust. As little bother's do, he gave the bike a bit of a hard time, lots of scratches, fortunately no dents!

As the bike had a few upgrades when I bought it, it will be difficult to get it back to standard spec so I'm just looking to get it back to how it was when I first bought it.

Just doing it a bit at a time and will post updates as and when they're done.

Here's a list of jobs done so far.
Frame resprayed in two pack.
Wheels cleaned up & WTB Velociraptor tyres fitted.
Stem rubbed down & resprayed.
Forks stripped and currently respraying/rebuilding.
Cranks rubbed back & polished.
New Wellgo pedals sourced.
New Dia Comp headset sourced.
Stickers recreated, printed and applied.

Here's a few pics of the progress.

Attachments

• IMG_2629.jpg
    IMG_2629.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 2,192
  • IMG_5466.jpg
    IMG_5466.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 2,196
  • IMG_5516.jpg
    IMG_5516.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 2,195
  • IMG_5519.jpg
    IMG_5519.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 2,198
  • IMG_5524.jpg
    IMG_5524.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 2,194
  • IMG_5525.jpg
    IMG_5525.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 2,195
  • Artwork recreation.jpg
    Artwork recreation.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 2,196
Re:

Thanks, I love the colour scheme. I'm just in the process of painting the forks. I'm keeping them the stock Rockshox Blue to keep it as original as possible, although I did think they'd look good in Red.

Re:

Forks are Rockshox Judy XC. Looking at the original pictures of the bike the forks should have rubber boots on them, trying to find a set for when I put the forks back together.

That's really nice - I like the square chain stays versus the rest of the frame tubing which is round it looks very industrial. These RSP frames really are great - Raleigh really did produce some top end kit.

Re:

Thanks Neebsta. I like the fact it's a Raleigh, and a bit unusual looking.
Build it progressing nicely. Forks have now been primed and one coat of top in the original Rockshox Blue, another rub back and one more coat tonight should do the job, new fork stickers are printed. Slowly coming together!

Bit more progress made with my Raleigh, getting there slowly!

Attachments

• IMG_5840.jpg
    IMG_5840.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 1,849
  • IMG_5842.jpg
    IMG_5842.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 1,849
  • IMG_5845.jpg
    IMG_5845.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 1,849
Back