Retro Guru
Feedback
View
2015 Banshee Spitfire, flip chips in middle setting, 142x12mm 650b drop outs
InvisiFramed
1x10 XT shifter and Zee FR rear mech
32t Superstar I/O on XT crank arms and XT BB. M530 SPuDs
40t T-Rex with SLX 11-36 cassette
Stans Flows on Hope Pro2 with tubeless Butcher and High Roller (26")
CCBD Air Inline with Climb Switch
Coil U-turn Lyriks running at 160mm
Ritchey headset top cup and Hope bottom cup
125mm drop reverb and Spoon saddle
50mm Thomson stem, Answer ProTaper 720mm bars
Hope Tech M4 180/203mm running Uberbike finned Saint pads

Bought as a frame and shock, with the parts off of my old fsr being swapped over. Only needed a bottom headset cup and 142mm kit for the Pro2 at the back. Opted for the 650b deopouts for future-proofing - adds 10mm to the wheelbase, nut loads of mud clearance.

Awesome bike. A good kilo heavier (at least) than the FSR, but so much more capable. I have tried to run with the flip chips in to slacken the head angle, but with the chain growth it puts too much strain on the Zee mech (add a link and there's not enough tension).

Took a chance on the Uberbike Saint/Zee pads - 0.5mm filed off each edge of the finned backing plate and the pads and they fit no bother. Keep the brakes cooler and don't look too shabby, either.

And will be going 1x11 XT later in the year!

GliO0sE.jpg

oIjzrKF.jpg

B9S5TyZ.jpg

I am pondering one of these to replace my aging Turner. What is the BB height with the 26" wheels fitted as I heard it might be a bit low?

Rear dropouts bolt onto the frame - you get two sets with the frame. One set with the holes in the middle - neutral, and one set with the bolt holes at one end, so you can run the geometry steep or slack.

Back