ROS9 Purple Reign

Mr.Toad

Senior Retro Guru
Nothing retro or classic about this build, just my new daily ride built to be as lightweight as possible without sacrificing reliability, or spending a fortune.

Frame is a medium ROS in purple. 6lbs of oversized 4130. The idea behind the geometry is to have a slack hta, short cs, durable all mountain hardtail. Frame is designed for either a 120mm fork or 140mm, putting the hta at 67 or 68 degrees.

I've always been more cross country minded and value lightweight over downhill prowess, so my build is leaning tword the lighter end of the bicycle spectrum.

So far i've managed to gather most of the bits for the build, starting with:

Rock Shox SID RCT3, 120mm travel, 15mm thru, 1588g.

Hadley hubs laced with Revo spokes to Velocity Blunt SS rims. I'm very excited to try these mid-width rims. 1500g.

E13 TRSr cranks. 180 length. I like to run 180's on my singlespeed and these popped up for a good price so I took a chance. They look really nice. 600g.

Thompson Seatpost, Race Face Atlas (ti railed) saddle.

Niner RDO 80mm stem, RDO bar. Both black with green accents.

Shimano M9000 brakes. These killed my budget but they look so cool and should perform great.

My plan is to build the bike as a 1x9 until the new Shimano 11 speed cassette and derailleur become available later this year.

More pics and details to follow as i proceed with the build.

Attachments

• e13.jpg
    e13.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,380
  • Hope.jpg
    Hope.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,380
  • puma ros.jpg
    puma ros.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 1,380
  • RS.jpg
    RS.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,380
  • ROS P.jpg
    ROS P.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,380
slope":n0yq0kn6 said:
I'm in love!!!

Me too, it's quite a looker in person.

Currently trying to locate an afforable (to me) bb30 bottom bracket to be able to proceed with the build. There are not as many options as one would think.

Aside from the brakes and fork this build is on a serious budget. The Wife just doesn't understand and i've given up trying to explain...

Re:

I'm fairly sure the ROS9+ is the only frame from Niner that can run the 29+, 3" tires. The ROS9 has a new cast chainstay yoke allowing 2.35"s to fit with a little room to spare.

Friday was a big parts day. Picked up my brakes, saddle, and bb30 bottom, bracket.

Just waiting for my buddy to finish up my wheelset so I can get started on the build!

Attachments

• Parts.jpg
    Parts.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 1,165
  • Yoke.jpg
    Yoke.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,165
slope":38eysmi3 said:
Whoa...wait...what happened??

I'm just reading along and it stopped...inappropriate!!

Sorry for slacking on an update.

The bike is almost done. I will post pictures of this (and various others i'm currently working on) soon.

BTW, it looks incredible and will be around 24lb complete!

Can't wait for this, love the ROS9. A bike I really fancy owing one day! Really interested to see how it rides.

Back