Specialized Rockhopper Comp A1 1998(?)

RS404

Retro Newbie
Hi, just bought a very tidy old Rockhopper off ebay and was trying to find out on Google images what year it was, when I stumbled upon this forum. Isn't it brilliant, really takes me back. I'm 40 this year, got my first proper mountain bike at 15 in 1990 (Trek 850) and was seriously into mountain bikes until I got my driving license and cars took over. Anyway here's my new to me Specialized, if anyone can confirm the year would love to know. The owner had it from new but couldn't remember, as you can see he hardly used it.

Attachments

• 20150509_141607 (Custom).jpg
    20150509_141607 (Custom).jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 2,038
Yes, definitely a 1998. I've got that Ritchey Steel version from the same year. Great bikes , handle well and a reasonable weight too. Looks in great condition. See it still has the original tyres on too!

Cookielad":6ohsq8j2 said:
Yes, definitely a 1998. I've got that Ritchey Steel version from the same year. Great bikes , handle well and a reasonable weight too. Looks in great condition. See it still has the original tyres on too!

Looks like it's an alloy frame to me with the tube size and what seems to be a gusset under the down tube.

Back