2001 Cove Stiffee FR

yeti_bomb

Senior Retro Guru
Finally found a early Stiffee FR in my size. Been a two year effort. I hope it rides as good as I think it will. Spent a lot of time thinking about one of these.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,254
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,254
  • unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,254
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,254
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,254
Re:

Feeling pretty good so far. Need smaller tires but hope to be rolling this weekend!

Attachments

• unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 1,240
Yes! I loves these, I currently have two fairly early ones like yours, my Tightee and another normal Stiffee frame. Both are in the loft atm, I have been toying with the idea of building one up, but my memory of them both is so good I don't want to spoil them.

Re:

Would love to see pics of those frames! You are the reason I sold both my tazmons! I want a yellow one like yours. So awesome in yellow!

Hey, here you go.

79686C3D-15AE-4A19-97A1-6E1565394EB4_zpsip7blgrn.jpg

1EE96328-7781-420E-80DF-EE8B1F94AD2C_zpscndj3xtf.jpg

Other than the dust, they seem happy enough. Also you can see my Heckler, one of favourite bike too. I retired that too because I was worried about breaking it. :/

And here's a pic of my old late model frame, now ridden enthusiastically by my riding buddy.

I had a spin on it this evening, and it's exactly as I remember. The saddle is low and far forward so it was uncomfortable when sat down peddaling, but it's just so much fun on the rough stuff. He liked riding my Lynskey too, especially the bigger wheels. Stiffees have a special place in my heart.

Man that blue FR frame is awesome. SO dig that! Really looking forward to rolling mine this weekend! Thanks for the pics. Got rebuild that old blue again.

Back