"I don't do judo, but....

David B

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
....I do do Voodoo", as Vic & Bob might put it.

My 2014 Christmas present to myself was a bargain (£125-ish) new & boxed Limba CX frame from eBay to replace my Fort steel frame after a decade of faithful racing service. As well as plunging into the world of aluminium + carbon frames I've also gone for Campag 10-speed so there are a lot of unknowns in the mix! However, my trusty Middleburn crankset (cost me £70 as NOS back in 2002) has made the jump across to the new bike. :)

Only teething trouble so far is a juddery fork under v. heavy braking (pads in need of toeing-in) but otherwise the conclusion from the first test rides is a very positive one. Oh, and the old-school saddle (Selle Monte Grappa, a Planet X bargain) may look odd to some but is very comfortable - since using it I've had no discomfort issues such as saddle sores.

The headset installation and form column cut-down (the only assembly stage not tackled by me) was done by my LBS, they were super-quick and great value for money - the frame was ready to collect a week ahead of schedule!

Tyres are Clement PDX by the way - one of the best CX clinchers out there.

David

Attachments

• Voodoo1.jpg
    Voodoo1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 487
Back