Custom steel 29er

slimjoe

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I've had this since last May. Built by my colleague to my specs, ideas & dimensions. Tubing is mainly Columbus including their 29er stays. Top tube is 853 for a bit of strength. Rear dropouts are Paragon machine works. Latest Build shows it with Whiskey carbon forks and Blackwall tyres. First build has Onza Canis amberwall tyres, X fusion forks and Ritchey Wcs controls.

Thanks to Gil for making the vinyl panels.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 1,124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 1,122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,125
I like it. Not a fan of amberwalls and hence i think it looks better with the black walls.

Re: Lupo

Here's a few of it in the raw! Not had much chance to do any decent close ups... Too busy riding it :facepalm:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,038
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,037
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,039
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,040
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,040
Looks a quality job, very nice indeed. Seems plenty of clearance as well.

Really like it. Who was the builder?

Re: 29er

Thanks mate. The builder is Andy Robinson. He builds under Creative Metalworks and builds custom frames for hewitt cycles.

It took a bit of persuasion to get those stays to give some extra room.

Re: 29er

Yes I love Paragon stuff... It's great.

The seat stay bridge is stainless steel, bottle bosses are blind eye sealed type. Head tube is a tapered type by Columbus. Andy worked his magic on this frame.

Another bonus is the ride! Very comfortable and pretty nimble for a 29er.

beautiful. Kudos for putting gears onto it and not making me swear because I put my effort into opening a page to see a sigle speed in it!

love the seatstays bridge. Just out of curiosity. How do those skinwall Onzas perform? Did you convert them to tubeless?

Back