cannondale f600 single speed

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Hhmmmm got this a couple of days ago, not to mention a spesh epic frame off here so will be living off bread and water for this month.

Anyway, frame is xl but although i take l, this will be ok as cannondales from that era were 18 and 20 for med and large, cf 17 and 19 now.

Paint is not perfect but good enough for not needing a repaint. Came as single speed, not sure about that, may go 1 x. 9, 1 x 10 or 3 x 9 like all the othets.

Frame is 1.84 kg but feels light, headshok forks are 1.54 kg.

Will be fitting disv brakes and replacing some parts, not sure whether to jazz it up with red ano or stick with black.???!!

Will get photo of complete bike later but here is bare frame and forks....if i can upload from phone.

Tis less blurry in real life.

PS looked at the quality finishing on the tig welds.

Attachments

• CAM00115-1.jpg
    CAM00115-1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,806
Re: cannondale f600 single speed - the John Major build

A bit of progress. Had to make tools to service the damper. Also replace valve core as the old one was broken, had to tap the remnants out with a drift. Needed new headset bearings, £ 9 a throw!

On the hunt for a cf post, not sure if i need an offset one or not.

Think i will try 1x9 but suspect will end up with a front mech.

Due to the large amount of grey, its got to be called the John Major build.

Got a grey xt rear mech and lx grey shifters in waiting, may even try to get a grey saddle just because.

Just seen that grey ti skewers are available, hmmmmm.....

Attachments

• CAM00135-1.jpg
    CAM00135-1.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,578
Re:

Very smart, i think a 1x setup would spin out too quick on such a liggt bike.finally got my f1000 somewhere like ridable now. I found out that modern 1.5 " stems dont quute fit, without some persuasion of the rubber hammer variety.

Yeah that looks really smart.

Need to sort something with disc and single speed as this winter is killing my bikes

cannondale f600 single speed, oh no it ain't

Easy? No chance . Right now it is 8.50 kg but needs saddle, pedals, chain, chainset, rear gear and chain tensioner if im sticking with single speed. That lot is at least another 1.5 kg.

02gf74":1ie3nhnh said:
Easy? No chance . Right now it is 8.50 kg but needs saddle, pedals, chain, chainset, rear gear and chain tensioner if im sticking with single speed. That lot is at least another 1.5 kg.

:shock: really!
Though the frames would be as light as the caffeine series.
Ohh may be not then. What spec you going for brakes finishing kit etc.

Latest posts

Back