Santa Cruz Chameleon now 650b!

konaben82

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So... At the end of the summer I started to build an on-one 45650b, to cut a long story short I fell off my trials bike going quite fast down a hilly road, ate the Tarmac, smashed my face and chipped tooth, lots of grazes and a broken hand, I've just come to the end of 7 weeks off work! It's been nice to be off but a bit boring not being able to ride! I had to sadly sell the on-one as I was running out of money and unsure when I'd be back at work.... Anyway, I've managed to jiggle round a few finances now, sell a few bits off and I started some online window shopping, I want a good do it all hardtail, fairly modern I guess as I want to run some big forks, it just so happens that stif are selling off 26er chameleons at £350 which I found very hard to resist, after a few days of constantly obsessing over it I took the plunge, I had an older model last year but it was a tiny one and was just too small for general xc/trails etc although it was fun to hack about town on and to bust a few trials moves! ...I also have a little zaskar in the loft which is being put on hold for now :)

This pic is off the net, just to give you the general idea:

I'll post some pics of the frame when it arrives!

Re: Santa Cruz Chameleon (work in progress!)

So it's here! Here are a few pics...

More to come as I get it built, hopefully within a couple of weeks!

And the nice thing is I don't have to spend £70 on a hope headset as the fork crown has enough clearance from the down tube! (I'll get a hope eventually but with Xmas round the corner funds are a little tight!

The bars belong to a mate of mine, he's letting me borrow them to get the build going! I think a renthal fat bar lite will be on the shopping list in the new year!

I'll update this as often is I get more bits, the build will be a hope wheel set, a mix of trusty mid range Shimano stuff (Deore/SLX/zee) and XT Brakes 1x10 set up with a narrow wide and hope bash ring

Really looking forward to getting this going now! :)

The red bash ring was originally bought for another build but I think it looks quite good on this frame!

Cool bike. Should be fun!

Been there with getting broken and taking time off. A crash for me 13 years ago totally changed the path of my life. In a good way to. And still riding bikes!

Yeah I will have to take it easy for a few months when I get back on the saddle... Can't wait to get this finished now though!

Get deore brakes chap. Don't think xt warrant the additional outlay unless you are really hardcore.

Already got the XTs! I got them at just under £90 so not too bad :)

Deores are awesome though for the money, I would have definitely got some if the XTs hadn't been at the price they were!

So I went for a hope headset in the end, just waiting on a few more bits to arrive, it should be ready by next weekend!

Back