Stanton Sherpa

THEFALLGUY

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Heres my latest build, its my first 29er and my first tubeless wheeled bike. I had my first ride this morning and crikey its fast and brilliant fun I have never felt so at home on a new bike straight away, I hate to say it but I cant see me going back to 26ers after this. I am 6'2" so its a brilliant fit. Also I must mention the great service from Stanton bikes and the frame is finished beautifully.

I have set it up with:

120mm X Fusion Trace forks
1X10 with a Hope 34 Retainer ring
Fox Doss Dropper
Hope Hoops Stans Flow Ex
Conti 2.2 Trail Kings
XT Brakes, Mech, Shifter
Rental 750mm bars
Thompson 50mm stem (probably too short I am going to try a 60 and a 70)

Re:

What frame size is that mate or did I miss it?

Looks lovely. I spent ages looking before I went with my parkwood. My plan is in a few years to migrate onto a nicer frame and this is right up there on my list. Glad you like it. You are same height as me and agree on bigger wheels having just got my first wagon wheeler too.

Finish looks lively and nice spec list.

Cheers Coomber, its a 19inch frame.

I transplanted everything I could from my Yeti SB66 which is getting its bearings changed at the moment. They actually feel very similar which is weird, the head angles are close and the 29er forks are even shorter than the 150mm floats on the yeti.

Re:

Nice. Really like it.

Interested in how the x fusion rate? Went recons on my parkwood as easily serviced but was tempted by x fusion to be honest.

Re:

Seeing yours built is the spur I need to finish mine :oops:

Looks lovely.

I'm a similar height and went with a 21" as it has a Mahoosive TT.

Gone with bolt through Salsa Cromotos and 120mm SIDS.

On a side note I've just got some XFusion Slides for another build. Had them apart and they are very well made.

The top tube on the 19 sherpa is almost the same as my 19 SB66, the 21 was way long for me, cool that Stanton make a big one though.

The Trace forks are 34mm and seem great so far, i have 150mm fox float 34mms on the yeti so should be a good comparison

THEFALLGUY":3v4e8h1y said:
Heres my latest build, its my first 29er and my first tubeless wheeled bike. I had my first ride this morning and crikey its fast and brilliant fun I have never felt so at home on a new bike straight away, I hate to say it but I cant see me going back to 26ers after this. I am 6'2" so its a brilliant fit. Also I must mention the great service from Stanton bikes and the frame is finished beautifully.

I have set it up with:

120mm X Fusion Trace forks
1X10 with a Hope 34 Retainer ring
Fox Doss Dropper
Hope Hoops Stans Flow Ex
Conti 2.2 Trail Kings
XT Brakes, Mech, Shifter
Rental 750mm bars
Thompson 50mm stem (probably too short I am going to try a 60 and a 70)

Amen to that. I'm 6'3" and a 26" wheeled bike now feels like a child's bike. 29ers all the way!

That's lovely. How are you getting in with it?

Due to having our first baby in September, I'm ring a lot less than I used to so am thinking of selling the Banshee. My rides are much shorter now don't not gettng the best use out of it wad thinking of getting something sensible. At first I was think the new Stanton Switchback but I thubk it may be a bit too aggro and too close to the Slackline so then though a more trail orientated bike like the Sherpa.

Love Stanton's bikes - just a front and rear triangle with nice geometry. The 29er looks great in the larger size and the finish on that frame is lush.

Being a shortarse, I just took delivery of a second-hand Slackline 631 and I can't wait to take her for a spin.

Back