2002 Intense M1

Gazzalodi

Dirt Disciple
I recently had a 2000 FSR Team Downhill stolen. While working to get a replacement (which was successful see here - FSR DH Post on Retrobike ), I stumbled across a sale on Craigslist for a 2002 M1. The original owner received this bike as a replacement for one broken in a race. He was injured in a road bike accident and never got back into racing. It was built and stored it until he recently decided to let it go. So basically NOS. It's been a good week.

Attachments

• M1_14-9-21_2_1024.jpg
    M1_14-9-21_2_1024.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 1,214
  • M1_14-9-21_3_1024.jpg
    M1_14-9-21_3_1024.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 1,213
  • M1_14-9-21_4_1024.jpg
    M1_14-9-21_4_1024.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 1,214
  • M1_14-9-21_5_1024.jpg
    M1_14-9-21_5_1024.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 1,213
  • M1_14-9-21_13_1024.jpg
    M1_14-9-21_13_1024.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,213
Re:

A very good week indeed!

First saw one of those at a race meet around 2000 ish at Dalby forest and I remember being blown away by it.

Some early downhill bikes look really dated these days and some wouldn't look out of place on the World Cup circuit today.

That mike looks like it could win World Cup races now.

She's a beauty!

Thanks.

Gotta love Intense. Even though the bike is 12 years old, and I'm not the original owner, they have been very responsive about my questions. Going out to Vegas in a couple of weeks for a reunion type thing. Maybe I'll run over to Temecula and stop by the shop.

Re:

So I spent the morning spamming bike shops and retailers about the springs for the M1 and the FSR-DH. So far about 1/4 of the emails I've sent have been answered, so props out to:

JensonUSA - Couldn't help but replied to say so.
The Fix Bikeshop - The same, but they did reply
Chain Reaction Cycles - Replied with a nice list of places on the web to search.
Eric's Bike Shop - Searched their storage but didn't have the springs.
Sunset Cycles UK - Gave me contact info for Loco Tuning. Sweet, waiting to hear from Loco
Chilli Pepper Bike Shop - Gave me updated contact info for Hippytech, awesome, the info I had was out of date. Have a call into Hippy Tech as well.
Bicycle Warehouse - Pointed me to HippyTech as well. Nice to see some of the bigger shops are staffed with people who know their stuff.

Since I'm US, my probable first option will be HippyTech, especially since the website advertises "...customer service for people needing older products repaired...". Sweet. Might just load the bikes up in the truck and drive 2000 miles for service.

Update -

Well Jenson couldn't help with the fork springs but they did have the 2.8 Vanilla RC springs I need for the M1 and FSR-DH. Ordered them in the 550lb flavor. Too bad they only come in black now. I was wanting one red to match the FSR-DH original spring, oh well.

Loco Tuning couldn't help on the Boxxer firm springs.

Still waiting on HippyTech, figure he's at RedBull Rampage, so it'll be a week.

Heard from The Bike Shed Mortdale in Australia. No old springs down under.

But on the awesome side, Drop N Zone in Washington State called back. He says he's sure he has the Boxxer springs, he has cases of springs in storage. Warned me that it will take him some time to dig them out. I'm cool with that. Have 6 months before I start racing again.

Back