2015 Cube Attention 27.5 - Decided to try bigger wheels

AdamAsh

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Thought I pop this on here since picking it up today.

After years of retro bikes and staying faithful to 26" wheels, I thought i'd give the "hype" a go and try a bigger wheeled bike.

The company I work for does the Cycle Scheme but ONLY through Halfords which was a bummer but I eventually found out that Leisure Lakes will accept Halfords vouchers. RESULT. Unfortunately our cap is £750 and stupidly I opted for £600 and once applied for & accepted, there is no going back, adding cash on etc...

The best specced bike for £600 I could find is this, 2015 Cube Attention either in 29" or 27.5". Deore groupset, XT rear mech, Deore brakes, Deore Hubs & Alexrims wheels. Internal cable routing on these 2015 ones too. Only slight downside is the fork being an XC30 but it has remote lockout which is nice.

Anyway, picked it up tonight, slapped my DMR V8's on and took it for its first blast.

Love it already. Its the first time I've ever rode a bigger wheeled bike and can really see the attraction.

Best thing is, it will only actually cost me £340 :D

Seat looks a weird angle?!
Nice looking bike though and very decent spec. Can always upgrade the forks at a later date as they'd transform the ride. Just keep riding as it is though!

Re:

Yeah I changed seat angle before I rode it. Just the photos are from before. Haha

Think forks will deffo be on the upgrade list.

Back