Kona Explosif 2004 maybe a 650b?

explosifpete

Old School Hero
just built myself up an explosif as a cheap replacement to the 29er I just sold.

Sprec it much like everyone else does, fox thomson, hope, stans ect not to exciting.........
until today I rode it to work and thought I would see if a pair of 27.5" wheels would fit...they did.
So I went for a quick ride thinking that it would handle badly and the bb would feel really high but it didn't and it rode better than with the 26" wheels :shock:

So i'm now looking at a set of new rims and tyres :D
should I do it? the clearances are fine, i know i need to fiddle with the fork to stop it hitting the front tyre but it easily done

oddly I think it looks more 'right' with the big wheels but that could be because i look at 29ers and 650s all day

now that dont look to bad, i just think the 29 inch wheel look so big :shock: , so many sizes of wheels :facepalm: still if you like it and handles ok thats all that matters

I can see it would be ok on the back with sliding dropouts but I would buy a 650b fork

Re:

It's not to bad, bit of a dumb moment while being hurried a the wife. I've put a length of cut down seatpost with a slit in it to pass the cage mounts. It's pushed out the dent and should make it better for the baby seat which was one of this bikes main jobs before I got carried away

Decided against the 650 wheels as I mainly wanted to do it to see how would work rather that really wanting it.
Acquired a few large volume tyres so will see how a 2.4 tyre goes on a skinny rim!

Latest posts

Back