Project build 2014+ Build completed Aug 2020

Spear45

Retro Guru
I want to share the complete sourcing and building of my new bike. I currently own a Lemond GLX which is on the retro readers bikes forum. This build will be a new modern bike with top of the range components. First part ordered is a Fizik Antares people's edition saddle,currently on its way via the postman,I'll post pic when arrived.

Re: Project build 2014+

Starting with a (nice) saddle - interesting ;)

Any clues on what you are building? Hardtail or full suss? Wheel size?

Re:

Modern bike hey,,be interesting to see, so is it a full suspension Munster with eighteen inches of travel front and rear,, :shock: or a hard tail carbon frame super light weight frame. After 2003 I kinda lost what happened to bikes :oops: waiting to see this arrive..

It's going to be a road bike,carbon,Tour de France spec,I'm undecided on frame at the moment but it will probably be italian,going to get a few parts first.

well a road bike it is then mmmm, well the saddle looks nice , not a titanium frame then,,wait see what arrives,,maybe electric shifting gears, :shock:

Re:

Interesting idea, getting parts before the frame, just make sure the parts you get will actually fit on the frame you get further down the line!

Does this mean we'll be seeing some Di2? :shock: :D

Undecided on electronic shifting but it will be mostly carbon.The saddle has a carbon shell and rails.

I've gone for the FSA Plasma stem and bars,one piece combined,carbon fibre. They look beautiful and have good reviews,expensive but worth it I hope,will post a pic when they arrive.

Back