Got a Frenchie, fnar fnar....!! (Sunn content)

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Pics of wrapping as at the time, I thought I might need them if there was any damage, you'd think people would at least send things in a box.... :facepalm:

It had lots of issues, but none of them caused by MyHermes! (Full credit to them for not throwing it about)

I think I've narrowed it down to the right model and year, anyone else want to have a guess...? :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Frenchie 008.JPG
    Frenchie 008.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,359
  • Frenchie 007.JPG
    Frenchie 007.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,359
  • Frenchie 004.JPG
    Frenchie 004.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 1,359
  • Frenchie 009.JPG
    Frenchie 009.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 1,359
  • Frenchie 003.JPG
    Frenchie 003.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 1,359
  • Frenchie 001.JPG
    Frenchie 001.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,359
Ooh! I'm leaving my light on for this one...likey!

p.s. I have no earthly clue about model and/or year :D

Re:

Hmm, give it a bit longer before I tell....hoping to start building it up this bank hol weekend, though I'm starting to wonder whether it will be straight forward.... :?

Re:

That looks a great project!

Is it really post 97?! I know the older ones were more like the giant atx. Didn't know they did ones like this.

It is a sunn yeah?!

Re:

Oops didn't see you had already said it was a Sunn. It definately is.

What's the plan then?

Re:

Well....hoping I can get a headset to stay in it, see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=304510 :facepalm:

Then hoping my RST Mozo Comps will have enough travel to suit it. Think if I can get forks in frame and wheels on it, I can at least stand over it and see how it suits me, as I'm a short arse and I THINK these only came in one size (my French isn't good enough to be able to translate the catalogue!)

If that all works out, I guess I find a gentle slope somewhere to roll it down :LOL:

Re:

There was a frame number there that I meant to make a note of, began 'SR' from memory, I'll have a better look tomorrow though.

I know it's a Duall, the plain non disc version, or at least it's the same colours as that one in the catalogue. The Eibach spring is interesting though, surely that wouldn't have been standard issue?

Re:

Well, due to a whole load of other things happening today, I've only got as far as (just now) getting the headset in, it's lying on the floor in the warm here with the headset lower cup glued in, after some 'roughing up' of the surfaces...

This is Plan A, I'm hoping it means there won't need to be a Plan B and tomorrow the forks and bits can go on it so I can get some idea of the whole look of the thing, and perhaps start worrying about my lack of suitable cranks, etc. Well, there are some very suitable cranks, but they're on Karma Kona, who needs a triple chainset and changing to a road going tourer, but whether I can face that at the mo is the question :shock: :facepalm:

As it's upside down here on the carpet, I can see the serial number: SR8100111. Mean anything....?

EDIT: and thanks to Dad and a hacksaw, which I didn't have, we managed to get the front mech off, which had a captive nut with an allen key bolt going into it, only the nut wasn't captive anymore and kept going round and round.... Also shock spring has now been persuaded to move a lot but the rebound adjuster doesn't.

Back