2001 Kona Stab Primo

EXODUS

Dirt Disciple
I bought this last week after wanting one since I worked in a kona dealers when they were released in 2001.
This is the only DH bike I have so it's going to be used!

It's a bit of a work in progress, it was very dull when I picked it up, had no frame decals and had a really old seat and some horrible kore torsion bars fitted to it.
I've changed the seat and bars for some Kona ones I had lying around and they both feel quite good to be honest. I polished it up and got some new frame decals.
I also bought a period MRP chain device which will get fitted at the weekend.

I can't find any fork leg decals for the shivers though :( they're 2004 models but I really want some of the 2001-02 versions. Anybody knew where I might find any?

Apologies for the slightly blurry

Re:

Awesome bike mate. Did you post a wanted add on pink bike for this? As for the early shiver decals they are very difficult to find. I have some shiver sc and wanted the same style decal but had to settle for 2004 ones.

Re: Re:

konacollector":bcr20has said:
Awesome bike mate. Did you post a wanted add on pink bike for this? As for the early shiver decals they are very difficult to find. I have some shiver sc and wanted the same style decal but had to settle for 2004 ones.

Thanks very much! :cool:

No i didn't put a wanted ad out for it. I'd seen one of these for sale last year at some point and wished I'd bought it. Decided a couple of weeks ago that I'd try and get my hands on one over the winter and then almost immediately this one popped up on ebay 25 miles away from my house so I took the plunge.

Any photos of your sc's with 04 decals on? I also had a pair of original sc's many years ago.

Back