New ride, Orange Patriot 2003 (ish)

Siblackpool

Dirt Disciple
After thinking about selling my Kona the King, the seed was planted.
So I listed it on good old eBay to see what interest was out there. Turns out a chap from Huddersfield was looking at doing a deal with his Patriot for a more XC style bike. Always fancied a Five but always been a bit out my price range. Having had a MsIsle before I was more than happy about Orange's build quality. So we met up, did the deal. Following day I stood looking at it thinking how old it looks. Sometimes that's a good thing, but this just looked like a brick. So after a morning at Rivington Pike to see how it handled, I was happy about the way it rode, just not looks. I contacted orange and had so decals enroute. I chose gold as I love the current black/gold edition. Stripped the frame right back. Painted in a 2014 Range Rover pearl black colour. Fitted new bearing through out. New FSA headset, new power spline BB and put the new decals on. It came with a pair of Halo Tornados , however the rear cassette sound rough. So I replaced it with a new one, but bit the bullet and got it in Gold.. Bit marmite but growing on me. Anyway here is some pics

Back