Salsa Selma 'Sue' Titanium 29er 1x9 - Finished

neebsta

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
B1CCACCD-1F12-4E06-84C4-B0F8852FBCE5_zpsh0h063c8.jpg

Salsa Selma Ti 29er.

This turned into quite a poignant build, I lost interest for a while after a close family bereavement.

It was actually about two hours after posting the first post on this build on the 27/7/14 - my Mum had a massive brain haemorrhage and unfortunately didn't pull through passing on the 5/8/14.

That is why this Selma is affectionately named Sue in memory of my Mum. it's been a poor year and throwing spanners at a bike (not literally) has helped on occasion.

Re: A bit of Titanium arrived

Definitely gone over to the dark side, another 29er :roll:

Is this the frame that was on e-bay?

Enjoy!!

Re: A bit of Titanium arrived

IbocProSX":11vpjnmy said:
Definitely gone over to the dark side, another 29er :roll:

Is this the frame that was on e-bay?

Enjoy!!

Yes it is! I have been after a Selma Ti Large or El Mariachi Ti Large for a while, but they had to be the bare titanium, the alternator drop outs are brilliant. I didn't pay anywhere near what he was asking though!! I prefer big wheelers to be honest, having had my steel El Mariachi - which was a touch too big (bought using the Salsa frame size guide).

I have 3 red CK hubs built into 29" rims a front, a single speed rear and a cassette ready rear. So a couple of frames and the ability to swap stuff over satisfies a number of criteria! All the 26" wheeled stuff is going.

Re:

FA89AFCC-C6C5-4DCB-8895-30E80C817B30_zpsbb4njkv7.jpg

Some Moots
AA56637A-FA99-41E5-810B-49A0C9ABB8CC_zpsbegmqmpl.jpg

Build Spec

Salsa Selma Ti 29er Frame

Manitou Tower Remote Lockout 29er forks

Chris King ISO

SRAM Red 9 Cassette

SRAM XO Rear Shifter

SRAM XO Red Rear Mech

DT Swiss X470 Rims

DT Black Double Butted spokes

Chris King Headset

Thomson Trail Carbon Fibre Bars

Salsa Pepperjack Grips

Middleburn RS7 Cranks and Single Ring

Shimano XTR SPDs

Avid Speed Dials

Avid BB7s

Thomson Elite Post

Thomson Elite Stem

Saddle Flite Ti

Salsa Lip Lock - Red

Racing Ralph's

Re: Re:

player":25lfzoh1 said:
Lovely looking that mate......I may have to demo a 29nr at the next haldon demo day :roll:

Definitely recommend it. It will make you view 26" wheelers differently!!

Re: Re:

player":2iixpc53 said:
Lovely looking that mate......I may have to demo a 29nr at the next haldon demo day :roll:

Borrow mine (non-titanium!) at Haldon if you fancy it sometime. It's a 20" though

Re:

E5965C50-3618-4102-AE24-0494A8EC93B2_zps52vxc6ez.jpg

Decided just to chuck it together SS. Just the chain and cables to fit. Some nice Ti Moots post courtesy of Gil_M - Thanks Gil!

Back