OS Blackbuck

neebsta

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
This frame is a result of the second response to my single speed WTB ad. The first response resulted in me buying and owning a Charge Cooker 29er Single Speed for 6 days, this second response from IbocProSX resulted in this damn fine OS Blackbuck 29er Frame and Forks winging it's way over from Holland (Thanks Nol :cool: )

These frames are designed by Mark Slate from WTB (Mark Slate worked with Steve Potts and Charlie Cunningham informally in the 80s, in 82 they all formed WTB) , Slate was I think a pioneer of the 29er. This G1 Blackbuck was available in one size and one size only, with a limited run of just 300 frames of the G1. It has a pinch bolt EBB which works perfectly.

I have thrown some bits on it, just to check out the fit - it's absolutely spot on. They've had some great reviews, so I can't wait to get out on it.

Brake conundrum is I fancy trying mechanical disc brakes due to their simplicity - in which case it will be Avid BB7 with speed dials.

Just need some parts to arrive now! :facepalm:

AA87BE02-4309-4F50-B6A5-9A7621A2FCCE_zpswutlkidp.jpg

Re:

E3ABC549-7D0D-4D44-A588-46B0AB48C7C2_zps5ctikgpu.jpg

923DDC15-92A1-473E-9070-14AE013C4E8D_zpsr6ghfcqn.jpg

A quick shake down without brakes :D or grips :facepalm: This has to be the best frame I have ridden - the short wheelbase and big wheels handle impeccably, very quick and nimble. Just waiting for the brakes to arrive.

Build

Frame: OS Blackbuck G1 29er

Fork: OS Blackbuck G1 29er

Headset: Chris King Red 1' 1/8th
Stem: Thomson
Handlebar: Salsa Pro Moto Carbon
Grips: Salsa Pepperjack

Brakes: Avid BB7
Brake Cables: Goodridge
Brake Levers: Avid Speed Dial

Cog: Chris King 16t
Chain: Clarks SS
Cranks: Middleburn RS7
Crank Bolts: Middleburn Extractor - Red
Chainrings: Middleburn Uno 34t
Bottom Bracket: Shimano
Pedals: Shimano SPD XT

Hub Skewers: Hope Red Front, King Fun Bolts Rear
Rims: DT Swiss EX470 Rear Syncros Front
Hubs: Chris King Single Speed Disc
Nipples: DT
Spokes: DT
Tyres: Schwalbe Racing Ralph 29er
Tubes: Maxxis
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Red
Seatpost: Thomson
Seatpost Binder: Salsa Lip Lock

Looking better again.

Nice touches with the red detailing without going overboard. Note the geometry charts above are for the G2 medium 455AC fork, but yours is the G1 rigid with 440ish A-C resulting in a 74! degrees head angle. Only works becaue of the 55mm rake.

And with 34-16 gearing and no brakes you are a brave man.....

Enjoy!!

IbocProSX":30obsc7r said:
Looking better again.

Nice touches with the red detailing without going overboard. Note the geometry charts above are for the G2 medium 455AC fork, but yours is the G1 rigid with 440ish A-C resulting in a 74! degrees head angle. Only works becaue of the 55mm rake.

And with 34-16 gearing and no brakes you are a brave man.....

Enjoy!!

Thanks Nol :cool:

Re:

Levers and callipers arrived! No cables :facepalm: So hopefully they'll turn up tomorrow! :roll:

12E3C384-0754-46AE-80E8-73B6E7CE33D5_zpsg9mu1j6z.jpg

So, BB7 callipers fitted front and rear. SL levers fitted (they are really thin and dare I say 'delicate') not what I was expecting. I have reservations about their durability. Grips fitted and Salsa Nickless Cage - Fitted! :cool:

Back