Specialized S-Works FSR Dual Slalom 2000

Trus29

GT Fan
Hi,

I haven't found no topic about that awesome bike.
Let me introduce my bike.

It's a rare version, made in Morgan Hill Ca, of the FSR groundcontrol.
This was made for Dual Slalom racing, for Shaun Palmer and team mates.

I built it, with XTR groupset, Manitou Supernova, Thomson stem, Protaper handlebar... Damn, I love it !!

I bought the frame from an old friend, I was riding with years ago. Bike hadn't moved for the last 10 years at least.
It's now time to finish to clean the frame, mount a ChrisKing Headset, mount XTR shifter + minor things, but here is 95% done.

57188_4577476526713_1723681521_o.jpg

Re:

Yes, more original, and looks cleaner for me.
Those bikes aren't been produced to be disc. Hose wear the decals as no routing was designed...

Re:

That is just how a factory Y2K era DS bike should look. Just awesome, in fact I think I've had a little incident. :shock:
Chapeau.

Re:

Very nice bike you have there.
What rear shock is that?

I have a very similar bike, the 2000 FSR Big Hit. it has Marzocchi Bomber Jr T forks with disc brakes and the sharkfin disc brake adapter on the rear. According to Bikepedia it was meant to have Fox Float RC with 4.4 - 5.3" adjustable travel, but it came with Fox vanilla R with 175mm between eye mounts, so curiuos as to what you have fitted to your DS.

That is lovely, properly lovely. I've got a real thing for those forks too, I'd love a set just because but they're super rare in the uk.

Re: Re:

jateureka":1s4lycy2 said:
Very nice bike you have there.
What rear shock is that?

I have a very similar bike, the 2000 FSR Big Hit. it has Marzocchi Bomber Jr T forks with disc brakes and the sharkfin disc brake adapter on the rear. According to Bikepedia it was meant to have Fox Float RC with 4.4 - 5.3" adjustable travel, but it came with Fox vanilla R with 175mm between eye mounts, so curiuos as to what you have fitted to your DS.

Thanks !
Shock is the original one. Specific OE Vanilia RC. It's 145mm long, and bottom out very easly ;)

Back