disk brake conversion

collie

Dirt Disciple
Hello newbie here.

i have tried to use the search function searching weld+disc / weld+disk etc etc to no avail

I have seen some bikes with disks fitted after market, just wondering if you can buy made up bosses to weld on .

if so where from.

many thanks

Pete

thanks , i have seen the a2z bolt on ones look only suitable for ali bikes . mine is a 98 explosif steel

Frame builder is your best bet. You can imagine there can be many variants due to tubing diameter, angles etc and the adapter needs to be fairly close fitting.

Due to thicknes of tube wall you'd need a tig; a mig woould likely blow a hole in the tube. Plus the positioning needs to be reasonably precise within 0.5 mm or better.

WD Pro":3p31xnrn said:
Sourced via Paragon Machine Works (in the USA) - matching front and rear calliper mounts :

DSC08796_zpse59d57dc.jpg

The rear one is stainless and relieved to save a bit of weight :

DSC08795_zps9d875b27.jpg

Very nicely done to :cool: :

DSC08801_zps742cdb4b.jpg

The front is solid Ti to suit the forks :

DSC08786_zps679450ff.jpg

WD :D

Info from here : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=265998

WD :D

thanks chaps, think i will go disk up front by changing the forks. Not sure if i have the skills to do the rear mod myself.

Re:

Make your own for the rear , it's just a piece of steel plate shapes with 2 holes in it.
Braze it on and hey presto , bear in mind your frame will need painting afterwards though , if in doubt use someone like Bob Jackson or Ellis Briggs (or a local to you framebuilder ) to put one on for you , will probably cost about £60 > £70 .

Latest posts

Back