2014 salsa beargrease

saltyman

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My 8th fatbike...... :D :LOL:

Second hand frame/fork/hubs came up and I sold a few things I wasn't using to fund a full build......came out nice.

Looking forward to riding it all week.

Re:

been waiting for this to be posted;
cool as :D
did look at this'but I still have half a mukluk to build up; :facepalm:
one day going to get on with it need a set of wheels first doh'
look forward to a full review ;and maybe a go some time.

First mini report.....today was a 30 mile shakedown.

First thoughts was its good to have a stiff fatbike!

I was happy the forks don't judder....they shouldn't anyway the thickness of them....but past experiences with carbon forks is they judder like mad under braking....this doesn't.

Best way to describe the bike....it's like a fatter krampus.....I can see why they like these in fatbike races, though that didn't make me want one, I ride the same on any fatbike.

Mines not built for lightness, 2x10 gears, nates, flat pedals etc.....though I did notice the 120tpi nates (1320 grams) are 400g less each than the 27tpi (1720 grams)...so I stuck the one on my jones onto the front of the beargrease.....I love hie much more supple the 120tpi ones are....so easy to get off the rims too.

Anyways....I christened it on my local loop (28 miles) and got dog shit on the wheels twice and had a ice cream and a burger....not a bad Sunday....even if I was shattered today.

Ice cream stop.

Love wide bars on fatbikes.

Ordered my favourite esi chunky grips in blue...standard are too thin for my fat hands.

Think I like black bikes?

Spent an hour washing and degreasing the bikes....all is well, happy with the bike but want to ride all week to get used to it but all is good so far!

Re:

:shock: :shock: Woaah my favourite bike from the ever growing list that has passed through your clutches. Very nice. There is something about a fatbike that makes me want to give them a go. They take me back to being a nipper with my first 2 wheeler with hugely balloonesque tyres :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah there great....you first see them in pictures riding sand or snow.....but once you have one and live with one, you soon see there used for everything....and have places where they excel....loose ground, climbing, rocks etc....but then you don't want to ride your 'normal' bikes!

My 2nd ride was a 48 miler to corbridge up the river Tyne.

I'm a more leisurely rider now I have back problems...

Lovely skies looking west

Ovingham bridge

Refreshment

Another 40 miler yesterday, up the Derwent walk with my pal Phil.

Phil testing the bear for size

Red kite country....love these birds

Pretty awesome sign!

Sun came out

And the rain stayed away

Sexy bike

Half way snack time

Heading back fast

Loads of old bridges here

Back home along the Tyne

Good to see things are on the up mate :)
Bike looks great and good to see it getting a workout.

Jamie

Re: Re:

Coleman":16dlsorv said:
Cool - is that Graham's old one?

Where did you get the fat bikes sticker?

Yeah, he was selling the frame and forks so I got him to build it back into a bike for me.

Gil made the ukfatbikes stickers for me.

Back