My first project. Villinger Arrow

maggiolo72

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,

I want share my first project to have some feedback or suggestions.
As i move to Switzerland in august i found a cheap NOS frame of this bike, the Villinger Arrow 26".
i have discovered that here is a "kult" bike so i found a very old one, my NOS frame and some other pieces found here in the forum and start to put everithing togheter.
The Mountain Arrow was born, with a full carbon frame, thanks to the bike development with ETH university of Zurich.
Around 2000 was created as a bike from another planet : the " Spyce " .
This wheel of a special kind had been trained from the outset not as a hardtail, but as Carbon Frame Softtail with swinging part of the carbon frame working for the rear suspension.
Now with USE S.U.B. forks weight around 12kg
Shimano XT serie, USE S.U.B. fork, IXS magnesium levers, rear rim rigida and front from mavic .
Some picture here:

Next steps will be:

-Change rear shock ( here I really need an hand)
-XT crank now is LX

Hope you like it :eek:

Massimo

Re:

I love the way the chain stays are a working part of the suspension setup and although a single stanchion front fork is nothing new it certainly adds to the overall look of the bike but it still looks quite heavy yet fun :cool: :cool: ..

Hi there

now i need your help....
Brainstorming to find a solution to replace the crappy rear shock.
That is the monster:

I have thinked about a fox 165mm with 38mm of course.
But i'm stll thinking about how to adapt to the bottom....like an "U" insert to screw inside the bottom.

Any ideas ?

Back