11ANTS ANTilope *Rohloff, Beltdrive, Tiatnium 29er*

Re:

Theres so much going on with that bike I don't know where to start.
Looks good though, but Ti hardtails normally do.
Can I ask why you went for the belt drive option?

It is great looker and I like the fact it is a belt drive, be interesting to hear how it holds up long term in terms of maintenance.

The Netherlands look more arid than I was expecting.

Re: Re:

stevet1":vkczjafs said:
Theres so much going on with that bike I don't know where to start.
Looks good though, but Ti hardtails normally do.
Can I ask why you went for the belt drive option?

With two jobs a wife, a little boy and a (sort of) social life, I prefer to have a bike I can take out of the shed and ride. Pics were from our Arizona trip, I flew the bike there, inflated the tyres and rode for 7 days without any maintainance.

You can expect to ride about a year when you go out 2 to 3 times a week with a belt set. A bit longer when you actually clean it (rinse the mud away with water) every now and then.
It's a little more vulnurable to sharp rocks but much stronger than you'd expect.

what you have right there sir, is just about my ideal setup. I think the only thing i would perhaps consider if money were no object is a geared BB rather than back wheel

Belt, Rohloff, Ti. nice. looking forward to more reports as time progresses. Hows the weight at the back?

BobCatMax":1drtywat said:
what you have right there sir, is just about my ideal setup. I think the only thing i would perhaps consider if money were no object is a geared BB rather than back wheel

Belt, Rohloff, Ti. nice. looking forward to more reports as time progresses. Hows the weight at the back?

I've been using the Rohloff for over 7 years now, so the weight distribution is something I've been used to. Actually with front suspension the bike feels more in balance than a "normal" geared bike imho.

We're working on bike with a Pinion bracket too, proto will be ready in May. A wee bit more expensive to start with but makes it cheaper to ride different wheelsets (FAT, 29er and 29+ ....... without having to buy 3 Rohloffs :D :roll: ).

Sneek peek (3d render)

Now I really like that, I like the idea of the gearbox bikes as it centralizes the weight. Drive belt possible with the gearbox?

29er+ & Pinion = Sweet

Another lovely build.

I actually prefer the aesthetics of this over the Lefty version.

One day ......

Back