WHYTE JW2

MSARIN

Retro Newbie
HI ALL... MY LAST PROJECT... HOPE YOU LIKE IT...
WHEN I FIRST SOW THAT FRAME I FALL IN LOVE... SO WHEN I SOW IT ON EBAY
I TOLD MYSELF... YOU ARE MINE...
A BIT DIFFERENT THEN ORIGINAL BUT IN MY EYES LOOKS REALLY GOOD...
NOW THERE IS ONLY ONE LIKE THIS... :D
FRAME WRAPPED IN MTB MAGAZINES COVERED WITH LAQUER
IT TOOK ME SOME TIME... TO SORT IT....

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 4,114
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 4,113
  • w4.jpg
    w4.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 4,113
  • w5.jpg
    w5.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 4,113
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 4,114
I've seen decoupage on some bikes and it's worked well but on non suspension standard frames

Yours looks like a dogs dinner and wouldn't be my cuppa tea but ..... Life would be boring if we all liked the same stuff so as long as it makes you happy then why not

like you say everybody likes different stuff... and a like it

this one was supposed to be one burgundy colour... however... I always been annoyed with easy scratches and marks on custom paint...

so far so good... and I hope it will protect it before being stolen

A perfectly tidy example of a Whyte ruined.

I would have kept this standard and bought a cheapo pub bike to cover in stickers. Just my opinion though you understand :roll:

I do understand :D ... just different opinion..

as I said before in my eyes looks good... would say really good... I expected that most people here will be a bit disappointed... preferring a classic retro style...

however I wanted to have something different then everybody... not another clone... people who seen that bike so far been impressed...

but I build that bike for myself... not for others... :D

Top marks for originality....
Personally, I'd have done the forks and rear swing arm in black, and to achieve the effect on the frame I'd have used a vehicle wrap instead of the magazine pages. Would have given a much tighter finish, and been a lot neater....
But I admire the originality and concept

G

Resurrecting this thread as this beauty is in a box and about to get posted to me!

My plan is to live with the paint and see how I get on with it.

Shock wise I cant decide between RP23 and rockshox with poploc -I like the idea of have 2 poplocs on the handle bars!

I thought of something like this. I was going to get a buildable gyro cable like the old fishbone one. Then split the front and rear off one lever for quick lockout of front and back. Never got round to it but would be cool on a crazy bike like this.

Re:

Shock Update

I had a heavy shock when I assembled this out of the box - felt like a Ships Anchor.

The wheels + Steel Bead tires were the main offenders - it has shed 2KG already with the CrossMax SLR + XTR M960 rear Cassette.

I have roughly half of the parts I need to do a Uber-Super Build.

So far I have fitted black CK headset - had to enlongate the slot in the steerer tube by about 3mm as the CK is taller than the cups removed.

Current the rebuild plan is for a Black/Silver/Grey and splash of Red (hubs) colour theme

I will get the frames and forks done at ARGOS in Bristol in matt Silver frame and Gloss Black forks: but before that I am going to build it up with:

CK headset (black) done
Crossmax SLR wheels (Black and Red)got
Thomson Elite Black seat post and stem. got
FSA carbon Riser Bars. got
XTR M960 Rear mech. got
XTR M965 Dual Control levers/brakes. tbc
XTR M960 Chainset tbc
Fizik black seat Got
DT Swiss carbon Shocks - TBC maybe after the paintwork

I could do with a Xfusion 02 shock ( just so I dont have to but that Manitou sping back on) if anyone has one please let me know.

Back