GT STS XCR 2000

Mofofo

Senior Retro Guru
After a looog research, I found it, in my size (L) !

Those are pics as I had received it, only after a good cleaning, with new stem and stickers :

hy78.jpg

tzb4.jpg

rwny.jpg

So the work is now in progress, thanks to the reception today of a TA Axix ti BB, and EGS rear mech :

r51p.jpg

84wv.jpg

The goal is to have only "billet and carbon" components.

What I still have :
- Proshift front mech
- EGS rear mech
- Protwist shifter
- Coda 502M crankset

What I am dreaming to have :
- Lefty
- 29" spoke wheels
- DT Swiss carbon shock

But first, I will make it rideable with actual wheels and fork, before to change these.

But in my dreams, it looks like this :

ocrk.jpg

:shock:

Looking good! I always wanted one of those frames. How about a Look Fournales fork for the front (would fit the carbon/aluminum style build very well). As far as the Coda cranks go, they look good and are light but they shift like crap (had them on a Cannondale and got rid of them rather quick, plus you can't replace the chainrings). The original catalog bike had Syncros Revolutions as far as I remember... How are you going to fit 29" wheels on the rear?

Thank you for your comments !

syncrosfan":2jf7gkjj said:
How about a Look Fournales fork for the front (would fit the carbon/aluminum style build very well).

I allready have a Look Fournales on my STS, so I want something different for this project !

As far as the Coda cranks go, they look good and are light but they shift like crap (had them on a Cannondale and got rid of them rather quick, plus you can't replace the chainrings).

Don't worry, I have a 502M and a 702M in stock !
The look of those cranks is unique, I don't want anything else !

How are you going to fit 29" wheels on the rear?

The only real problem is.... Money !
For the front, a 29" Lefty XL, with 1"1/8 is the solution.
For the rear, the only solution is to extend the actual swingarm, by solding longer alloy tubes...
I know some professional people who are more than capable to do it !
And I have a second swingarm, NOS, if it doesn't work..

mtye.jpg

The real problem is money !
If I succeed to sell my Cannondale SM400, I will buy the fork.
If I succeed to sell my Cannondale Raven, I will buy carbon wheelset..

I guess if you have a NOS 702M the shifting might be ok. The ones I had were quite worn. I thought you might have to chop up the rear swing-arm... I assume you're going to incorporate a disc mount at the same time. Maybe machining new drop-outs (longer ones) might be the way to go. Wonder if the longer wheel-base would affect the handling though? What wheels were those in the photoshopped version?

I am selling these Cannondale :

Raven

SM400

I accept to sell the Raven in kit (frame, frame + fork, etc..).
Not posted on RB because I prefer to sell "collection".
But PM if there is an interest here.

My goal is to have enought money for a Lefty + these wheels :

Bike Ahead

Cannondales are now sent, so I have continued to collect components for building this XCR :

EGS-Proshift-3_zps7846cb4d.jpg

Hed wheels are already here, other stuff are on the way...

I am looking for Xentis Kappa wheels to replace Hed, if you heard about a sale..

Thanks !

Back