IO, IO its off to work...fresh paint and a few tweaks 8/6/14

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just finished building this up to go splashing through the winter mud :D
A detailed list of the the bits can be found here viewtopic.php?f=41&t=151470&start=280 if you are interested ;)
I'll post some outdoor pics at the weekend when she has her shakedown test

Attachments

• IO 013.JPG
    IO 013.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,226
Re: IO, IO its off to work......................

Tyres are inflated :D
I was quite surprised as the rear tubeless setup inflated perfectly first time with just a track pump.
If the gale force winds are gone I will be out tomorrow, failing that i will take the bike along to watch my mate race XC on sunday in the wind and rain/snow :D

Re: IO, IO its off to work......................

Popped round my local short(4 mile)loop to check everything is in order....its not!!!
Crank bros headsets....there is a good reason why CRC were doing them cheap, what a pile of poo!!!!!
Front brake rotor is warped, i may try and fix it or i might just pop my 180mm Hope floater on if i can find the adaptor :roll:
Apart from that all is well, the tyres even stayed up :LOL:

Attachments

• io first ride.jpg
    io first ride.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,045
Re:

New paint for the IO.
Did all the work myself using equipment where i work during a quiet saturday morning while no one was looking :D
I had planned to use some single pack paint in the same orange but found some 2 pack lurking in the back of the paint shed.
2 coats of primer, 2 coats of top coat and 3 coats of clearcoat should hopefully see her through a few more welsh winters :D
I haven't replaced the chainyet as i only painted her yesterday and i didn't want it dragging on the still soft paint on the chainstays.
She will be my weapon the choice for Mayhem, if my 18t rear sprocket turns up in time. I don't fancy 34/16 :(

Attachments

• IO2 003.JPG
    IO2 003.JPG
    211.5 KB · Views: 882
  • IO2 002.JPG
    IO2 002.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 882
  • IO2 001.JPG
    IO2 001.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 884
Looking good with the makeover! Nice job.
I have one of those crank bros headsets, mine was in the CRC sale, an xc pro or something. After 12 months on my Pugsley seeing all kinds of weather, along with often seeing the salt water around the coast, the bearings seem fine but the supposedly stainless finish is well rusting. Glad I only paid £18 for it rather than the rrp of £79! It is washed down after every ride and non of the reat of the bike is showing rust.

Best of luck at Mayhem, enjoy yourself.

Jamie

Re:

Yes, i have it here now
Nearly a full set to choose from with 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 plus 30, 32, 34, and 36 for the front :D
I'd like to go back to the 26-13/14 grannyring setup but i much prefer the 165 crank length and i only have singlering Middleburn spiders :(

ha, excellent. I have only a 32 to choose from up front, but a similar back ring quantity!

Re:

I've gone back to 26/13.
Not sure if any of Shimano's Hollowtech cranks come in 165mm? I'll definately get some if they are available.
So this is the finished article barring a change to 165mm cranks :D

Attachments

• io orange 100.jpg
    io orange 100.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 451
  • io orange 200.jpg
    io orange 200.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 451
  • io orange 300.jpg
    io orange 300.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 451
Back