My new ride.

gmack

Retro Newbie
Hi folks. My names Gmack and just love my 2000 big sur. The bike feels superb and so "alive" compared to newer guff ive been riding. Great to be in love again especially as i got it cheap :D Im looking for a manitou fork decal. Can anyone make one on here? Heres some pics of her.

Attachments

• 20131213_150922.jpg
    20131213_150922.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 359
  • 20131213_150835.jpg
    20131213_150835.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 359
  • 20131213_151032.jpg
    20131213_151032.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 359
the genesis geometry frames of that era probably were hte peak of gary fisher bikes; shortly before the brand was taken over by trek.

it will be even better with disc brakes - using an adapter, you can fit a magura marta front calliper in the space between the stays (there is a hayes and hope calliper that fits directly but they are rarer than a rare thing that is really hard to find). if you want to see how it is done, check outmy post about my xclaiber - same frame as yours but crappy yellow colour.

02gf74":1t6flpnb said:
the genesis geometry frames of that era probably were hte peak of gary fisher bikes; shortly before the brand was taken over by trek.

it will be even better with disc brakes - using an adapter, you can fit a magura marta front calliper in the space between the stays (there is a hayes and hope calliper that fits directly but they are rarer than a rare thing that is really hard to find). if you want to see how it is done, check outmy post about my xclaiber - same frame as yours but crappy yellow colour.

Excellent thanks will check that out. Is there a way to adapt and use avids or even giant hopes as i have a spare set lol its the frame im really enjoying tbh. It feels so light and agile compared to my heavy spesh crosstrail. Its a joy to ride but havent been anywhere exciting yet.

02gf74":fbfsbl30 said:

Trek acquired Gary Fisher in the early nineties. 2000 era bikes were definitely made by Trek.

Ansible":1s04ahs8 said:
02gf74":1s04ahs8 said:

Trek acquired Gary Fisher in the early nineties. 2000 era bikes were definitely made by Trek.

Yip,pretty sure Trek bought Gary Fisher out in 94 but didnt kill the Fisher name off until late 10/11. They also bought Bontrager.

Although the thought of disc brakes really appeals to me i think the avid v's are good enough for my needs. Maybe an ultegra upgrade. I want to ride this bike rather than work on it

Back