Rarer than a King Kahuna Kona...KABOOM!

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
This was delivered today viewtopic.php?f=40&t=276199
and in pretty good condition. Needs a strip and clean and I will probably go over the top replacing some components (that chain ring with 48t bash guard is huge...but original, it should stay)
Bit small for me at 16" but I think I can make it fit.

Ah, so glad you got this! Managed to sort delivery then....

If/when you decide it's too small, please let me have first refusal :cool:

LikeClockwork":1fvqq5qd said:
Ah, so glad you got this! Managed to sort delivery then....

If/when you decide it's too small, please let me have first refusal :cool:

I did...just booked a normal collection via Parcel2go and crossed my fingers!

And certainly, re first refusal

So, please enlighten me - what's so special about this model? (I pretty much ignore everything after 1997 :mrgreen: )

al-onestare":klswgj5n said:
So, please enlighten me - what's so special about this model? (I pretty much ignore everything after 1997 :mrgreen: )

Nought special really...just a late 90's single-speed specific not-very-many-of-them-around-well-I-have-never-seen-one Kona. Gets great reviews, which it was an inch or two bigger!

The teeth have fallen off the granny ring ...... and the big ring looks a bit suspect too :eek:

I've got a couple of 16" frames, and at 5'11 they JUST fit, Thompson layback 410mm posts are a godsend...

Osella":3osbyyrq said:
I've got a couple of 16" frames, and at 5'11 they JUST fit, Thompson layback 410mm posts are a godsend...

Aye...that is my plan. Rebuild in progress...trying not to spend too much. Hubs are being rebuilt although they were not too bad. New post clamp, headset, stem and bars so far. A few ti bolts here and there and a general good tidy up

Very very nice, can I join the queue if you decide to sell at a later date? Here is my Kaboom, a later jump style model, only a handful in the U.K. apparently....

Cheers
Stu

Back