1999 Dekerf Team ST

Baulz

BoTM Winner
This bike was has lived several lives. I bought it used in 2005, rode it as my main bike until 2009 and had 3 different builds during that time. The final build was a full M970 group with King/Thomson parts which was stripped and moved to my Yeti ASR to make my life more comfortable after shoulder surgery.

The frame spent a couple years hanging in the basement until I came across some NOS cranks and SID fork with a steerer long enough for the monster headtube, with 2 parts out of the way, why not get the rest!

Some of the M950 drivetrain I've had since 1997 and was probably used in a previous version of the bike. Some cheating with modern parts had to happen, a low stack Crank Bros headset and Race Face Deus stem were just enough to get the fork to fit. A M970 front derailleur because I had it, yet my modern Yeti has a M952. Some nicer wheels are planned for down the road, some old Bontragers for now.

The rear shock got destroyed after a wet ride on sandy trails. There is not much of a seal on it. After a nearly $200 rebuild by Dekerf I made a little carbon fibre shock cover. Being a weight weenie I determined it was overbuilt at 18g so it was replaced by a 6g version.

Mandatory picture of our dog Stephen with the bike has been included.

Attachments

• Dekerf4.JPG
    Dekerf4.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 564
  • Dekerf2.JPG
    Dekerf2.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 564
  • Dekerf1.JPG
    Dekerf1.JPG
    228.3 KB · Views: 564
  • Dekerf3.JPG
    Dekerf3.JPG