Dablk's 16" 1999 Kona Explosif

dablk

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Finding it impossible to justify me having another Kona. I decided the Mrs D's could get a little project on the go. She has a nice disc/sus Giant but figured a lighter rigid would be the order of the day.

Scanning for 16" I actually picked up a cheap 1995 Kilauea. Just as i was about to commit to a full respray ect. An ebay option presented its self. Apologies to anyone i scraped with over this. I was littlerly £2.37 away from my max. So was dead chuffed to win.

And so the box arrived

I didnt know what to expect as it clearly had an interesting life. Still it had a few nice bits inc the original z2 atom forks/stem/bar.

Has been hiding under a rack for a few years. I was however very happy once it was stripped back. Not mint by any means but i was worried that racks ect would be hiding rust. Nothing more than a few usual scuffs and marks /chainslap ect. BB even came out without any fuss.

Now i am on the hunt for some suitable P2's i think the 99's where just boring black. Might think about getting a set sprayed red to match the Atoms which are coming off.

Have some nos m590 for her to be built with. Was going to sell the dolomites but think they actually really work with the bike.

Only Problem... now gutted its not a 20" ;)

Back