Kona Entourage - Brand New

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I cannot wait for this to turn up!!

I was on the lookout for a new bike to take to BikePark Wales with me. I noticed a few people recommending these and then I noticed that CRC were currently selling last years model for a massive 50% off. It didn't take much persuading for me to buy one.

It's a 2012 Kona Entourage, size medium. Here's the spec (taken from the CRC website):

Frame Material: Kona Clump 7005 Aluminum 170mm Travel
Rear Shock: Fox Van R
Fork: Rock Shox Domain R Coil 170mm w/20mm TA
Crankarms: FSA Moto FR
Chainrings: 34T
B/B: FSA
Pedals: Kona Jacks**t Primo
Chain: SRAM PC-951
Freewheel: SRAM PG 950 11-32 9 spd
F/D: E*13 FreeChucker
R/D: SRAM X-7 SS
Shifters: SRAM X-5
Brake Calipers: Avid Code R
Front Brake Rotor: Avid G2 200mm
Rear Brake Rotor: Avid G2 180mm
Brake Levers: Avid Code R
Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5B ZS
Handlebar: Kona DH
Stem: Kona DH
Seatpost: Kona DH
Seat Clamp: Kona Clamp
Grips: Kona G-LOG
Saddle: WTB Devo Sport
Front Hub: 20mm Formula Disc
Rear Hub: Formula Disc 12mm x 150mm
Spokes: Sandvik Stainless 14g
Rims: Sun MTX 33
Front Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF 26x2.5
Rear Tire: Maxxis High Roller 26x2.5

And here's a stock photo. I'll add more once it arrives and gets covered in muck!

Attachments

• Entourage.jpg
    Entourage.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 1,543
Liking the look of that, think I need to keep up to date on stuff. Be interesting to know how it pedals when not following gravity.

I don't know why but every time I see a bike like this it reminds me of this :?: :?: :!: :!: :facepalm:

Attachments

• the_persistence_of_memory_-_1931_salvador_dali.jpg
    the_persistence_of_memory_-_1931_salvador_dali.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 1,504
Not a huge fan of the hydroforming to be honest, would be sweet as a straight tubed or a little bend, the doubl ebend s shape seems more cosmetic over function, but I am no engineer. The black colour and graphics are great though.

Seems a good bike for the money. Kona RRPs always make me laugh though!

Also interested to see how this copes with pedalling, never ridden a bike like it, so interesting to know. Will keep you fit pedalling uphill no doubt.

Shame you sold the Cove, that would have been ideal for the bikepark?

UPDATE:

I've cancelled the order for the Kona. Long story, but hopefully I'll now be getting the bike I had my heart set on in the first place before the buyer pulled out - he's since got back to me to say that he's decided to sell it again.

As amazing as the Entourage is, I don't think I'd have got on with it now, knowing that I could have had the bike I wanted in the first place!

I'm just waiting for the seller to get back to me now, so fingers crossed. I hope he doesn't change his mind again because CRC are running out of Entourages fast!

Here's the bike I wanted originally, which I'm hopefully now having:

file.php

Do you know what. I think we'll just write this thread off altogether!

The guy with the SX Trail won't put it in a box for me and wants me to travel up to Newcastle to pick it up (which is a fair old way from the other side of Cardiff) - even though I've said that I will arrange and pay for the collection myself on top of the cost of the bike.

So, the Specialized idea is out of the window. Luckily, I was bimbling around on Pinkbike last night and spotted a real beauty of a bike. I'll start another thread once I've bought it :D

Back