'99 Sunn Totall XC

Lofty2006

Retro Newbie

This has been uploaded from my phone so apologies if its turned out naff :/ but this is my '99 Sunn Totall XC UN... Almost everything is original, apart from the wear and tear bits like chain etc. But I love this bike, ive had it from new and its still goin strong... Been wanting something new for a while now but not sure if I can part with it...

Let me know what you think :)

I know... Its been one of the only things I haven't liked about it since I've had the bike... And that's been about 14 years now... And I've always been a firm believer in the don't fix it if it isn't broken... And they still haven't broke yet.... Obviously cable etc have been changed on occasion but the shifters themselves are still the same ones...

Lofty2006":355aqyu1 said:
I know... Its been one of the only things I haven't liked about it since I've had the bike... And that's been about 14 years now...

Oh dear come to the wrong place then :LOL: . Im currently doing up a sunn cross un of the same vintage. Not ridden it yet but if it rides as good as it looks I should be more than happy.

Well this like I said, I have owned this for 14 years and it still rides great... Its a great frame and handles really well, up hill or down hill... So if your cross 'un rides as well as my totall... Your gonna love it!

Lofty2006":vhvyl72x said:
I've always been a firm believer in the don't fix it if it isn't broken
I have a similar one for Grip Shifts and the like. "If it ain't broke, break it" :LOL:

Welcome to the forum.

Ha ha I like it :)

Well I'm a bit stuck with what to do at the min... I don't know whether give it a damn good service and upgrade a few bits and keep it or service it and sell it tbh...

Lofty2006":aykmbwh2 said:
I know... Its been one of the only things I haven't liked about it since I've had the bike... And that's been about 14 years now... And I've always been a firm believer in the don't fix it if it isn't broken... And they still haven't broke yet.... Obviously cable etc have been changed on occasion but the shifters themselves are still the same ones...

Now you see, that's why I always liked grip shift. Easy to use, and for the most part always works. I seriously may convert back from trigger shifters on my modern Santa Cruz. It was really hard for me to make the change.

Really nice bike by the way - you just don't see those at all in Texas.

They've always worked well and have never let me down yet..... But the Giant I had before had trigger shifter and I really liked them...

Been looking round for a Kona Coiler too... Seems you can pick up the Coiler Dee-lux for pretty good prices these days...
I'll admit I don't get out on the Sunn as much as I'd like :/ which is why I'm lookin for a possible change...

I like this a lot :cool:. Just the kind of thing I'd like for my next retro build - late 90s, V brakes, skinny, light(ish).

I've got a Sunn frame tucked away for a future project, but it is a later 2003 alloy jobbie.

Regards

Back