Monkey with an Orange

BigCon

Retro Newbie
Well hello all,

After having a bit of a health kick this year, I thought it's about time I got back on a bike.
Haven't been on one since I got run over nearly 20 years ago, kick in the nuts was after 6 months after getting better, I got back on only be knocked off 200 yards from home. I promptly walked back home and never touched one till now..... :facepalm:

So short version of a long story, flicking around Ebay spotted this frame, thought looks cool, I'll buy it, £78.
No idea about it, I was into Kona's, GT's, in the 90's do did a bout of Google and found this site.
I know it's a 2005 but I'm calling it retro soon to be 10 years old!

Now I have the fun of building it, well when the parts come in....

I hope to be seeing loads more of your builds and maybe some meets!

Enjoy.

Attachments

• frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 664
Um well looking at the brochure, one of those Patriots had a silver shock with a red spring, O and it says RST on it??

All I know is, I'm a big lad and I can't compress the frame to move the shock........
Maybe getting weak in my old age or the force needs to be at another angle, maybe with the wheel on.....

Only update for today, Ritchey headset came!!
Slowly, slowy catchey monkey.

I know what Coomber means about the shock, it looks a bit 'BSO' to be specced on a Patriot. More importantly it looks far too short a stroke length for the travel a single pivot bike generates. Well worth looking at properly before you build/ride it mate. Bloody nice frame though irrespective of its age and the shock, I rode one competitively around 1999 and hand on heart is by far and away the best single pivot bike I've ever ridden. Enjoy!

Back