Orange Gringo 1999 mint and full spec.

GBGAZ

Retro Newbie
Hi all, Site newbie here!!!
I was wondering if I may ask all of your expert opinions on my bike. Basically I am looking to sell it to raise cash for a new bike and I'm unsure of its value...it is MINT as I say, spec as follows.....
1999 17" Orange Gringo frame (no disc mounts) - was originally yellow but after owning it 6 months the paint around the headset started to flake off so I sent it back to Orange. They stripped it and repainted it FOC in my choice of colour, so it is slime green (same as the E2's of the time).
Ritchey scuzzy logic headset.
Pace EVO 3 suspension fork, complete with handbook,greasegun and washers to switch between 70 and 90 mm travel - currently running 90. I also have the rigid fork for it which I also had finished in slime green.
Azonic ORC stem, polished finish with xlite stem collors in red and ritchey polished stem cap.
Azonic 2" riser bar, in a sort or brushed bronze finish, with red xlite disco barbungs.
Orange friction addiction grips in black.
Avid speed dial 2.0L brake levers.
Shimano LX mega 9 shifter pods.
Orange seat,seatpost and seatclamp all in matt black.
Avid SD V-brakes.
Wheels, Shimano deore XT 32h hubs with swiss DB spokes to Mavic X517 rims.
Panaracer cinder 1.95 tyres (brand new)
Shimano LX splined bottom bracket.
Shimano LX hollowtech chainset.
Shimano XT front mech.
Shimano XT rear mech.
Shimano 11-32 cassette.
Chain is currently a sedis I think (!!) its had that many chains on it, tbh I change them before they wear out!!
Planet X X-wing pedals (think I have a set of clipless tucked away for it somewhere too!).

As I say, this bike really is immaculate, very cosseted with no expense spared on it!! Has never spent a night in a shed or garage, always in the back bedroom!!! If I'm completely honest, it genuinely hasn't bean ridden for the last 5 years until two weeks back when I gave it a quick shakedown! Will take pictures if required. would love to know your thoughts on its value.
Many thanks, Gaz.

Back