Transition Klunker

theredchili

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
By rights I should have had one of these in January when the first batch came into the country, but redundancy meant I had to reluctantly cancel my order. All the bikes were sold pre order and a second batch again sold out pre order, the colours this time were different to the original party in the woods Matt black and klunking ain't easy white and are green or orange.

Roll on six months, a mile stone birthday and a great girlfriend I now finally have one !

First impressions the 44T:16 set up is going to hurt, the lack of traditional brakes will hurt even more :cool: anyway took it out for the first time and crashed twice in the process of learning to brake with the coaster brake, that horrible feeling of being a passenger and not in control. Once I got used to it I was able to slide round the berms which is so much fun that I even took it on a down hill run. I did have an alarming issue though, on a fast technical run, the loose chain came off and I lost all form of brakes! I had to ride the storm until I could shed enough speed to stop. In conclusion this is the most fun bike I have ever ridden and will probably be the one that causes me the most pain.

Here's a link to Transition, these boys sure can throw these things around

https://vimeo.com/51119615

And

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/229205/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 5,362
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    861.2 KB · Views: 5,362
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 5,362
That's pretty damn cool and ace that you're actually riding it properly by the looks of thinks.

The Transition vid is ace, not seen that before so thanks for posting the link.

Went back out for a spin , bit of wet single track, woah how much harder was it? I had to stand on the pedals to move the thing as the gearing and angles make it hard to move and stopping was just a case of sliding to the point of coming off then trying to pedal out of it :cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 5,266
clunker":1jfuqkxt said:
cool big kid toys ;)

Totally :cool:

Been out for another 22K on it today, the gearing was a killer, looking and putting a 36 or 34T chainring on to help on the climbs. Managed the jumps ok, the hardest thing was braking for the corners , which saw me accelaerate through them (not by choice!).

47K done on it now, it's still waiting to bite you on the arse when you least expect it :twisted:

clunker":2i17qumy said:
coaster brakes don't you just love them!

You need a checkered shirt now to complete the look :)

Ha ha, already got one :oops: coaster brake ok, but will be better when its second nature!

That's some good distance on it already. It does look like a riot...have you grown a dodgy tash yet to go with the shirt? If not get on it...having watched this vids you need a tash to go klunking.

Back