Kona Firemountain 03 and Steel 90's Hahanna

naboo

Devout Dirtbag
Hi, thought I would post a few pics of my first retro bike, a 03 firemountain on a very tight budget, any tips or opinions welcome!, thought i would add the progress on my old hahanna here too

T2eC16dHJGQFFhoZzMnBRcrCKd1FQ60_12_zps70b291f0.jpg

DSCN2357_zpsd8d2fb87.jpg

DSCN2359_zps863eadb8.jpg

DSCN2360_zps2341a6b5.jpg

DSCN2358_zps7cef6821.jpg

Re: Low budget raw ally kona firemountain 03

They are great for the money, have a nice build there already for a hack about. Just ride it and see what you like, unless weight weenie ring then just change bars grips stem etc to suit, replace moving parts when needed.

Enjoy it.

Cheers, just discovered autosol!, nothing's safe now, can you polish dogs??!

I've got a steel hahanna frame ill be building up next as a little project, so the fm will get a few bits but not much more.

Would love a cindercone or kula frame to make something a bit more serious in the future.....think I've got the bug!

Thought i would add a few more pics after a few evenings with some autsol :)

welcome to the gang.....that is lovely!!!! you sir, have been bitten by the creature with the bug........no cure!!

Cheers, yep I've been bitten, shame it wasn't a money spider!

Even on a low budget it's addictive, sometimes think having a tight budget makes it a bit interesting, find myself forever on eBay though!

Managed to get hold of a xtr m952 rear derailleur off of ebay for a fiver :D it had some bits missing, but with a bit of work and using the old deore mech as a doner iv'e managed to get it working well, also been fiddling about fabricating a front chain device, it's a work in progress but should do the joib until some bike funds come in.

Thought i would add some pics of my steel Hahannas progress aswell, not much going on yet but iv'e started :?

How it all began

work so far

dablk":bxdzemwu said:
Shiny :cool: but what next?

Not sure :? been polishing like a mad man and havn't stopped yet!, funds are very tight at the moment so may mean going through bits i already have and sorting them out, it's either getting treated with rust inhibitor or taking a punt at clearcoat and see how it lasts, want to put retro kona decals on the down tube aswell

Would go ss but it's going to be the mrs bike ;) so will go 1x9 on this one aswell !, as with the firemountain it's going to be dribs and drabs from ebay as and when they are avaliable and i can afford them :cry:

Back