Pace RC300

Gordie

Geoff Capes
Just picked up this lovely RC300 from a fellow member, thought i'd do a thread as such as i'm planning a few changes.

Bike arrive yesterday and I built it back up but without the 1.4 slick tyres previously used.

9040736200_8deff751cc_b.jpg

Spec as it currently stands:

Pace RC31 Carbon forks
Pace RC45 stem (black)
Easton EC90 Carbon bars
Easton EC90 carbon seat post
Mavic XC717 Disc rims on Hope PRO II (red) hubs. Black DT D/B spokes
Panaracer Cedric Gracia
Hope Mono Mini disc brakes (silver/black) - calipers spaced out.
Hope 183/160 floating discs on black rotors
Hope Ti skewers (red)
Hope A-Headset (black)
VP Bottom Bracket
Selle Italia SLR saddle
Race Face Turbine crank (black)
Specialities TA 34t* chainring (black)
Gusset Double Six 13t* cog

This weekend I plan on swapping the XT M770 chainset/rear mech/front mech and shifters over from my Kona.

At some point i'd like to build it with a XTR/Middleburn but for now this will do.

I will also be adding either Pace RC39's or DT Swiss forks in the near future, I love the look of the bike with the RC31's but i'm currently recovering from a broken humerus so don't want to be putting too much pressure on my arm if I can help it.

You lucky bugger, I fancied that myself but didn't have the funds free to buy it first and then sell my silver 300 ;)

That definitely needs new style Pace or DT Swiss carbon forks on it, nothing else will finish it off properly :cool:

Will be one sweet RC300 when it's all geared up :D

nice - looks a bit strange - is it the photo angle that makes it look like a 29er? or may be becasue there is so littel seat post showing.?

02gf74":qvjbv21x said:
nice - looks a bit strange - is it the photo angle that makes it look like a 29er? or may be becasue there is so littel seat post showing.?

It's possibly down to the size of the tyres added with the seatpost being low, they're the AM Soft condition version so not really an XC tyre. (I will be changing them in the near future).

Thanks guys, went out for a short ride yesterday and loved it.

Unfortunately I may have to change the stem as I prefer to use a riser bar to a flat one and i'm not sure if I could thread one through a RC45.

Gordie":1qk99cn4 said:
Unfortunately I may have to change the stem as I prefer to use a riser bar to a flat one and i'm not sure if I could thread one through a RC45.

Ahem...... if you do and want to sell the stem I'm your man ;)

So this weekend I got around to putting some gears back on it, I've taken it for a quick ride as a 1x9 setup and I really like it so it may stay like that. It's such a fast bike :)

9106085823_ba5bbafa3c_h.jpg

9106086257_d12732b15a_b.jpg

9106083895_48f6c5f7c4_b.jpg

Will get around to changing the tyres and cranks next weekend.

That's lovely. It just looks so clean and simple....and fast.

Just out of interest will you be hanging on to the Turbines or selling them on?

Back