Airbourn Lucky Strike-Finished at last.

Chris D

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Previously owned by at least two people on here. Was quite different on purchase with a few bits of purple.

At last it is finished.

Total re-build from how it was purchased.

Old -> New

Project Two -> Manitou Mars

Scott Racing Concept Wheels -> 950 XTR hubs on Mustang ceramic rims

Specialized Ground Control and Master folding tyres

M950 RM (original), M950 cassette (original), M950 STI, M960 v's and FM.

Purple Dia-Comp headset -> Crank Brothers S/L

Thompson stem (off ebay)

No name Ti bars (replaced original bars as needed oversize to fit stem)

Unknown Ti seatpost -> USE Ti Alien

A big shout out to Scott for his help. Thanks mate.

That's very nice. Really like Airborne as they are bargain frames and ride really nicely.
I had a Mosquito for a while as a single speed and it was the most "alive" bike I've owned. I sold it to a friend down the road (so I can keep an eye on it and have it back someday !)

trek_y":1u59s0tl said:
That's very nice. Really like Airborne as they are bargain frames and ride really nicely.
I had a Mosquito for a while as a single speed and it was the most "alive" bike I've owned. I sold it to a friend down the road (so I can keep an eye on it and have it back someday !)

Thank you. Have yet to ride it but soon hopefully. Was going to today but as the weather looked bad I rode a different bike.

That is a good way to sell bikes :)

Nice. What size is it, looks about the same size as one of my Salsa bikes that's too small for me (and I'm a shortarse!)

Tazio":1thwnaxi said:
Nice. What size is it, looks about the same size as one of my Salsa bikes that's too small for me (and I'm a shortarse!)

Never realised but just measured it and it is 13.5 inches. That is small even by my standards.

I am not really a shortarse but abnormal. I am 5' 7'' but my inside leg is only 27'' with a long body :roll:
so I do have a problem.

Pic of your Salsa please?

Chris D":1rolgent said:
Tazio":1rolgent said:

Never realised but just measured it and it is 13.5 inches. That is small even by my standards.

I am not really a shortarse but abnormal. I am 5' 7'' but my inside leg is only 27'' with a long body :roll:
so I do have a problem.

Pic of your Salsa please?

Pretty much the same size as my Salsa. Not sure if I've got any pics, I'll have a look. I'm 5'7" as well but 30" inside leg. It feels like a BMX sometimes but good fun on short rides. I feel it's a bit cramped length wise if I'm on it too long though.

Rubbish photo but the only one I seem to have. A wee bit of seatpost showing. It's singlespeed these days for nipping around town etc.

Attachments

• motorapido.JPG
    motorapido.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 769
Yes. Your Salsa does look slightly bigger than my Airbourn. Though don't smsall frames look so much cooler :D

I use a single speed DMR Trailstar for nipping around town. Not as cool as your choice but hopefully less ;likely to get nicked than my other bikes in this 'fine town'. :LOL:

Nice :cool:

I have the bug again and need to get mine finished ... :oops:

Couple of questions :

* Is your frame mesurment center to center ?
* Have you weighed it ?

Cheers,

WD :D

WD Pro":1cxw8evk said:
Nice :cool:

I have the bug again and need to get mine finished ... :oops:

Couple of questions :

* Is your frame mesurment center to center ?
* Have you weighed it ?

Cheers,

WD :D

Thank you for the positivity. Do you have a Lucky Strike?

Yes. 13.5 inches centre to centre.

Not weighed it in this form. With Project Two forks it was 21.5 lbs.

Back