1992 Eldridge Grade rebuild - but sort of not really

Forsh

Dirt Disciple
It Started as a rebuild but became a transformation into a Handsome Dog XC01...

20130526_154539_zpsaf9810da.jpg

20130526_154629_zps24c3fd6e.jpg

20130526_154531_zps97683356.jpg

20130526_154523_zps5952670d.jpg

20130526_154506_zpsa60b3dee.jpg

It should have been a rebuild of my Eldridge Grade with a white powder coated frame and all the bits back on off the Marin
but then the seat post was properly stuck and I plumped for a Handsome Dog XC01 frame to build everything back onto.

As I stripped the bike and cleaned the bits up I realised that many of the components I had replaced or upgraded in the past and all that remains of the original, now the frame has been swapped, is the rear mech and the Marin Lite bottle cage :roll:

So there you have it my '92 rear mech and bottle cage!
...although I did swap the jockey wheels a while back for red ones...
:)

Frame: Handsome Dog XC01 22"

Fork: Kona Project 2
Headset:Crank Bros Iodine SL
Stem: PLanet X Superlight Team 3D Forged Stem 120 mm (on its way)
Handlebar: FSA XC270
Grips: Club Roost
Topcap: Crank Bros

Brakes and Levers: Shimano DX

Shifters: Shimano STX-RC 8 speed
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT
Rear Derailleur: Shimano LX
Cassette: Shimano LX
Chain: Clarks red
Chainset: Shimano Deore Hollowtech

Wheels: Merlin built
Rims: Mavic X517
Hubs: Shimano LX

Tyres: Panaracer Fire XC PRO 2.1

Saddle: Selle Italia SL Ltd Edition Manganese Rails
Seatpost: FSA CarbonPro
Seatpost Binder: eBay Special

Cheers Olly
here's what I started with...

marin3.jpg

If i can get the seat post out maybe I'll use the frame for a single speed one day

Cheers! I'm made up with the look

just had it on the scales - 25.2lb - not bad for a budget build and a £55 frame, I think the Eldridge was closer to 24lb but I'm happy with that

Just my opinion but it would look better with all black tyres and a silver chain - too much red going on, especially where there are different shades.

That aside, that's a very healthy weight for a modest priced frame, and I like the attention to detail.

I know what you mean about the chain, a bling step too far maybe but I don't think it'll stay 'painted' red for long

Tyres look a bit pink but that's the release powder and are more red when it's cleaned off

It'll not stay like this for long, once the new stem arrives (one of the clamping bolts stripped the thread on this one) and get it through some mud it'll not matter what colour it is!

Back