2001 Cannondale Volvo F-2000 sx

davestradamus

Retro Newbie
Just picked up this 2001 Cannondale F2000sx to replace my stole Trek 8500. I put so much work into my Trek, (stripped powder coat, brushed and new graphics, all new parts etc).

As shown it weighs 24lbs. My plan is to shed at least 4lbs and get into sub 20 range. I need an XT hollowtech crankset, carbon bars, seat post and lighter staddle. Maybe even go 1x9. I am also thinking about crossmax UST tubeless wheels too.

cam002511.jpg

What do you think about her? I am LOVING the lefty fork!

_david

C'dales generally seem to get little love here, and even less when they're from 1998 or later.
That being said, most people are only getting behind their PC in the evening.

I'm not really a fan of the lefty. A white Reba or classical C'dale Headshock would suit it better IMO. Apart from that, it looks great.

That looks good and as for the lefty love em' when there set up right they are superb. Its so strong, its design is a hollow square leg sliding on needle rollers, stiff & tracks great.
For me keep as is.
Great looking bike. :mrgreen:

Teflonshoey":1s8autxt said:
That looks good and as for the lefty love em' when there set up right they are superb. Its so strong, its design is a hollow square leg sliding on needle rollers, stiff & tracks great.
For me keep as is.
Great looking bike. :mrgreen:

I am really liking the lefty also. It impressed me on its maiden voyage. My local Cannondale dealer is very good and is going to rebuild the lefty for me this week. Also, the Coda Expert hydraulic discs are pretty bad, so they will be rebuilt or likely replaced with white Juicys... mmmmm..... Juicy.

Plus the lefty is its original equipment and this is the debut bike for the first Lefty!

Raging_Bulls":20euc8qp said:
C'dales generally seem to get little love here, and even less when they're from 1998 or later.
That being said, most people are only getting behind their PC in the evening.

I'm not really a fan of the lefty. A white Reba or classical C'dale Headshock would suit it better IMO. Apart from that, it looks great.

The Reba is a good fork as is the HedShok, but neither compare with the performance of the Lefty. Not even close. Its stiffer, lighter and more plush than both.

Are there few Cannondale bikes in the UK and europe? They are very prolific in my area because they were built 5 hours from where I live (Virginia, USA)!

never had a dale;but like them .
that is a cracker love that stars and stripes paint job and the lefty fork goes
with the bike,is nice I like :D

Back