Finally the last piece of jigsaw completes another Ibis Mojo

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Ibis Mojo SL, L frame, 11.01 kg (need to loose them pesky 10 g to get under 11.0 kg :facepalm: )

much blue Ti and blue anodised alloy goodness.

would be nice to get a pair of R1 callipers ... but RX will do for now; may get XTR IS to post adapter at some point. (notice the lightweight aluminium alloy washers and blue Ti brake rotor bolts)

yes, even the brake hose clamp bolt is alloy!!!! :shock:

as well as the head set cap bolt (not quite brave enough to use Ti bolts for the stem)

and naturallly carbon fibre (colour coordinated jockey wheels purely for blingness - same weight as XTR :( ) - even the tyre valve cap matches the blue/white theme. ;)

finishing off with blue carbon fibre (yeah, apparently it does exist)

Re: Finally the last piece of jigsaw completes another Ibis

Looking good, the attention to 'blue' detail is nice :cool:

Can you get the Formula equivalent of hope matchmaker clamps for the shifters? that might save you a few grams. Also, what about going 2x9/10 as well as cutting the steerer tube down 10mm to lose a spacer or two... :D

I am sticking with 3x9 - did have 2x10 but did not get on with it plus all my other bikes are 3x9.

I could cut the steerer and lose 1 spacer as the sitting position is very much "sit up and beg" but that is a non-reversible change with a saving of maybe 5 g.... still contemplating that one.

The cheapest and most effective way to get under 11 kg would be to get a set of lighter inners - a pair of Schwalbe lightweight circa 95 g for £ 16 - current tubes are 125ish g ... and a pair of Rocket Rons - but that is a bit more expensive - those Bontrager tyres are not too bad weightwise but provide pitiful grip on muddy ground.

There is a pair of Ti brake pad retainer pins winging over to me from France to replace the steel pins, oooh, .5 g saving maybe plus I could fit Aluminium backed brake pads ....... :?

02gf74":6agjg4l4 said:
I am sticking with 3x9 - did have 2x10 but did not get on with it plus all my other bikes are 3x9.
My Mojo is the first bike I've used a double chainset on and I did wonder if I would get on with it having used triples throughout my MTBing past but with an 11-36 cassette I found myself not missing the big ring at all, I hardly used the big ring anyway unless I was on Tarmac riding home

a little update of 2 parts.

Did not like the forks and frame being white so got lucky with a pair of black lowers that are now fitted.
Also felt - literally - the rear shock was not locking out as much it should (pro pedal rp23) so got lucky with one off ebay. Rested the frame upside to fit the shock to discover that the chain would not drop into the bottom 3 sprockets. WTF???? Lots of gear fettling ensued and it wasn't until I noticed that the brake hose was stretched really tight that the penny dropped. The new shock is longer arrgghhhhh!!!! :facepalm: WTF again. SL frame is meant to have a 200 mm rear shock so out came the SMD (shock measuring device) and it turned out that the original shock was 190 mm i.e. too short. :twisted: Damn - needed to make up a longer piece of gear outer cable between the frame and swingarm and remove some outer between shifter and frame in order to use the inner cable.

Now it is much better - the riding position always did feel too much of 'sit up and beg'. :?

Oh, and the lowers came with Fox branded Shimano thru axle that is about 20g lighter than previous. :mrgreen:

Here it is in its natural habitat - anyone recognise the place?

Was 10.97 kg at the last weigh in, whould be a tiny bit less now.

Attachments

• DSC08785a.jpg
    DSC08785a.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 916

Looks fresh! Course you don't need valve caps and a top cap :LOL: ;)

Latest posts

Back