letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
More detail over then next week or so.

Whilst the frame has yet to land with me it looks to be in a nice condition:

$(KGrHqMOKpYFF0TFJ142BRhWZteCE!~~60_12.JPG

Its the largest Stumpy at 20.5'' so should be good fit.

Watch this space ......

I bought it, it arrived and was not as described. Pretty significant TT damage in the form of three gouges. that coupled with considerable LH chainstay wear meant the frame went back. I sent it back after raising a impute over described condition.

Not happy but a replacement has already been found.

I have bought this frame off Ebay :? Was rather excited until I saw your post. Just waiting for it to turn up now. Did you consider the damage to be just cosmetic or more than that?

Cheers

Martin

Martin,

The concern I had was the second gouge along the TT (furthest from the HT) looks like it may have been the start of a crack. The LH chainstay rub was deep too. My LBS was I agreement with me that we both thought it wasn't long for this world.

For me I thought it constituted more than a cosmetic scratch.

That said I am no expert on these things.

These are the pics I took of the frame - Hopefully you can make out what I described above as a the start of a crack.

In fairness to the sell the description has been changed to reflect the actual condition of the frame.

I see that you ended up only paying £3 less than I did :?

Regards,

Mark

Recent e bay purchase noticed the blue frame
Thought the damage was described .
Unless it was re listed ?

Attachments

• 20130519_165603.jpg
    20130519_165603.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 584
Hmmm, it has not arrived yet so I cannot check it for myself. The problem with the Ebay posting is that the photos of the damage are very blurred so it is impossible to see the extent of the damage. If there is the start of a crack then this is definitely not as described.

I'll wait to see what it is like and possibly have a chat with the seller.

Did you have to raise a dispute or was he reasonable, please? I want to use this off-road so it has to be a solid frame.

Back