Jeff Jones 3D Space Frame

theredchili

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Well it was always on the cards to get a Space Frame, just happened much sooner than I expected! After riding a few of these in steel and Ti flavour I quickly realised a Space Frame is for me. When I first saw these a couple of years ago I thought they were plain ugly and I realise its not everyone's cup of tea, but I urge everyone to get their leg over one as the ride in awesome. After chatting with Biff (the importer) he managed to get one shipped over to me.
Build plans ? well one in the rear for sure ;) have a modified Cane Creek /Jones Headset for the Truss fork so will build this up and probably put gears on my Jones Diamond as a spare bike for guiding etc.

Attachments

• IMG_2067.jpg
    IMG_2067.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 1,677
  • IMG_2042.jpg
    IMG_2042.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 1,677
Awesome bud! I had a wee go on Saltys on managed to speak to Jeff at SSWC, I reckon ones on the cards for me anaw one day :)

Well, spend the morning trying to seat the tubeless tire by hand , got there in the end, brakes just need a bleed and i'm there.
Quick spin up the road feels good, though heavier than the Diamond,could shed some weight if I could be arsed :twisted: have not tried it with the 29 front yet. Will get a good run on the weekend.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,638
kaiser":1z428hg4 said:
Awesome bud! I had a wee go on Saltys on managed to speak to Jeff at SSWC, I reckon ones on the cards for me anaw one day :)

Thanks, I know salty loved his and Ive spoken to Jeff a couple of times, he is very knowledgeable and talented guy, he is very handy on a bike to (worth a google). Thinking of making the Trip to SSWC this year, see how it pans out.

interesting - pls explain the front forks to me - are they meant to be a bit springy to take some road shock out?

nevadasmith":w54tw055 said:
Looks awesome james!

Let me know if you are up for a FoD ride next week after work.

The pictures don't do it justice, it looks way better than the camera can capture, yeah Will let you know when I'm free.

02gf74":1y90e6cv said:
interesting - pls explain the front forks to me - are they meant to be a bit springy to take some road shock out?

It's quite the opposite , the Truss fork is very light and stiff under braking unlike a conventional fork, it does not flex at the back under braking. It's laterally very stiff and has great mud clearance, you can run a 29er front end or a 4" fat front- I have both options depending where I'm riding.
The fat front I'm running at 8psi which offers a bit of spring and take the trail shock out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    679.9 KB · Views: 1,554
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    791.5 KB · Views: 1,554
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    732.4 KB · Views: 1,554
Well, I took it out today for a nice 24k ish ride to day, although I've ridden three Spaceframes before, I still wasn't sure how mine would be. Needless to say it had the familiar Jones feel,point and shoot type bike. How does it compare to the Diamond? Same but different, same reassuring feel, though the steering feels even more precise if thats possible, throwing it down some tight and twisty singletrack it was inch perfect and despite looking like an elephant walking on ice it handles like no bike I've ridden,I imagine when I run a 29 up front it's going to feel even quicker.
Very pleased with it and looking forward to riding it at SSUK next weekend

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    898.1 KB · Views: 1,534

Latest posts

Back