Marin FRS 1x9

Fisher

Retro Newbie
After 15 years with my Dyna-Tech Quantum I had an itching for a new bike. This time I with all the bells and whistles.

I looked around and was nearly ready to jump at a Specialized FSR from around 2002, but one of the old Full Sus Marins

came up on the search and I remebered these were the bikes I wanted but couldn't afford when they came out.

Not seeing too many on Ebay last year I decided to build one - how hard could it be? I wanted the best and lightest out

there so after a while looking I bought half a Mount Vision Pro from '98.....then half a an East Peak from '99. My spare room

was now a bike parts shop and I was in up to my neck - this is what I came up with. Weight somewhere under 24 lbs ~

Attachments

• Marin 3.JPG
    Marin 3.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 554
  • Marin 4.JPG
    Marin 4.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 554
  • Marin 5.JPG
    Marin 5.JPG
    272.3 KB · Views: 553
  • Marin 1.JPG
    Marin 1.JPG
    283.7 KB · Views: 553
  • Marin 2.JPG
    Marin 2.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 554
That looks really good mate - love what you've done with it.....

What kind of shock is it that you've got on it? Is it the Fox ALPS5R from the Mount Vision Pro?

I've got a 98 Mount Vision that I've recently went the route of XTR goodies and love it!!

It's not the Alps 5R - that went with the sale of the Pro frame + East Peak disc swing arm. It's a Fox Float from the E/P

Most of the bikes I bought got sold off - I kept all of the good stuff - XTR - & went Fox over Alps coz it weighed less.

It was built as much for weight as I could afford... but didn't know too much at the start so the Manitou Mars are the

heaviest they made :facepalm: and I could save 1/2 pound with the right SIDs. Glad u like it.

Back