2003 Stumpjumper HT S-Works

prezza

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi there,

Bought this frame new in 2003 and built it into a lightweight XC race bike. After many years I gave in to temptation and sold her to a drooling mate in 2009 when my wife gave the green light for a Stumpy FSR pro carbon so long as the S-Works funded part of it. At the time everyone wanted short/medium travel trail/marathon bikes and I was no different!

When my pal contacted me a few weeks ago to say he was considering selling the S-Works this to fund other projects I jumped at the chance!

I always remember this as being the most comfortable and lightweight hardtail Id ever owned.

Anyhow, going to build her into a 1 x 10 lightweight trailblazer using modern 10 speed SLX drivetrain. Pics below of how she is today after I begun the strip down. Will update as I go.

Hope you like it!
Andy

Attachments

• Releigh Peak complete 014.JPG
    Releigh Peak complete 014.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 707
  • Releigh Peak complete 015.JPG
    Releigh Peak complete 015.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 707
that should end up being pretty smart.

check the front disc - the arms should point in the direction of rotation (most discs have arrow etched) i.e. looks like it is fitted wrong way round.

Thanks for that mate.

The guy who had this put these discs on so Ill take a look.

Boy, youve got a keen eye!!!

Just also decidin whether to sell the forks and get something more modern to go on it?

I dont like the fact that the forks have canti lugs (although theyre pretty period with the frame that has them too).
Im a bit strange like that!

Although maybe I should just keep them on it as they work fine and just put some snazzy anodized bolts on place of canti lugs

Thanks
Andy

Back