Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Coming soon....

8656871725_723ec858e3_b.jpg

I reckon I have enough bits and enough bits enroute to show this one :) Even with the legion of bikes I seem to have, I wanted something a bit more burly, I've had a few hardcore hardtails but with an impending trip to Italy I needed something that I wouldn't be to badly beaten up by after a days riding, I was also after something I could tackle some big hill days and bag a Munro or two and I've a wee niggle about trying some Enduros. So a biggish full susser was on the cards, not too big though as I'm still a mincer at heart :) enter the 'trail bike' category. On one hand I'm a 29er convert but on the other I was struggling to justify spending too much on this but when the frame came up half price I took the plunge, I've built a few bike lately and I'm always happy that I've beaten the manufacturers on cost and been able to spec my own spec. More pics will be coming when I start the build, I always like to at least have tyres on the wheels before I start assembly (canne bear to see a bike unshod on bare rims :? )

Kit list so far:

Frame: Med Salsa Horsethief with Fox RP23 Kashima
Fork: RS Revelation at 140mm
Headset: Cane Creek
Wheels: Hope Hoops (Stans Flow EX on gold Hope EVOII hubs (20mm and 142X12)
Tyres: Schwalbe Hans Damph 2.35
Bar: RF Atlas AM
Stem : RF Atlas AM
Seat: Charge Spoon
Brakes: SLX
Shifter : XT ispec
Rear mech : Zee shadow+
Pedals: CB Acids

I'll be running 1X10 with a 11/36 cassette out back. I've still to decide on a chainset though, I'm wanting to use the new tooth design that does away with any chain devices. There are a few manufacturers bringing out rings or I can get the carbon Sram XX1 chainset for a bargain price.

Just googled it, should be interesting still not convinced of 29ers, but being a short arse its more to do with the ratio of wheel to frame on a smaller frame.

Aha, so this is the build :? Ill follow this with interest K.
Surprised at you though for not unpacking it all and instead showing the boxes

There are parts in them ?? :p

Tyres and rear mech arrived a bit later today so I'll have a rolling chassis up soon enough :D

Soooo close, just waiting on a new hose for the back brake. Still managed to get a wee burl with just the front :) I'll not tempt fate by giving too much away on initial impressions but I will say I'm really happy about the fit and handling so far. There was a niggling doubt that such a big bike could be a handfull but it feels nowhere near as big as it looks, only trail time will tell though.

8683419181_04ea1223a4_b.jpg

8683416003_9d94d27935_b.jpg

8683414891_dc565c5f08_b.jpg

8683415355_6b484a4923_z.jpg
8684532120_463a3dee02_z.jpg

Back